System crashes after installing EZCD Creator 4 Deluxe

System crashes after installing EZCD Creator 4 Deluxe

Post by Darrell D. Pearso » Mon, 01 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

Running W98SE w/ Yamaha 6416 SCSI CDR. Installed EZCD Creator 4 Deluxe about
a week ago and have had nothing but problems with system since.  Have read
and tried all relevant tech support article suggestions on Adaptec website
to no avail:  Removed EZCD, diabled all start programs (only Explorer
running), disabled UDF, renamed scsi1hlp.vxd, torisan3.vxd, etc. as
recommended by Adaptec, and reinstalled.  Also tried installing in safe
mode.  SCSI 29160 not sharing IRQ.  Webcheck says my software is current.

Everytime I boot or start EZCD I get blue screen fatal exception in
cdralvsd.vxd. If I disable starting createdcd.exe and directcd.exe I can
boot w/o blue screen, but I get it when I start DirectCD Wizard or EZ CD
Creator. I was using W98SE ASPI layer (not upgraded when EZCD installed);
ran ASPI32.EXE to update, and got blue screen fatal exception in BOTH
cdralvsd.vxd AND apix.vxd.  Went back to W98SE ASPI layer (w/o aspienum.vxd)
to avoid apix.vxd blue screen, but still have blue screen w/ cdralvsd.vxd.

Please let me know if there is a solution.  Getting real tired of fighting
this battle.

Thanks,
Darrell D. Pearson

1. What is the diff between EZCD pro, EZCD creator and EZCD deluxe?

Easy CD Pro was one of the two 'parents' of Easy CD Creator. ECDC is the
current product. It has a much more robust burn engine, user interface
largely from the other parent, CD Creator, and support for more drives.
ECDC as sold by retailers and Adaptec is the Deluxe version with tools
including Spin Doctor, Session Selector and CD Copier; for a full list,
see Adaptec's site. The 'standard' version has none of those tools and
is bundled with some drives.

Adaptec's policy is that there is no upgrade from a previous or partial
product to the full ECDC Deluxe. If you want the features you do not now
have, you must purchase the full product even if you already have part
of it.

Mike

--

http://mrichter.simplenet.com
CD-R http://resource.simplenet.com

2. Cisco Cat3920

3. EZCD Creator 4.0 Deluxe and Norton System works 2000

4. ALR Evolution V benchmarks

5. Adaptec "CD Copier Deluxe" Crashed my System

6. FAO Tarquin Mills

7. AHA-2940U2W + Ricoh 6200S = Easy CD Creator Crash Crash Crash

8. CD Movies

9. EZCD crashes my system

10. System Crashes with Nero/Prassi and Ezcd

11. EZCD suddenly likes to crash, even after re-install

12. EZ CD Creator 3 Deluxe update crash

13. Installing Adaptec EZCD Deluxe with Hi-Val (Philips) 3610 IDE Drive