IDE Cdrom reader spin control

Post by kalle bergstr? » Wed, 10 Jan 2001 19:11:33

Hi.
Is there anyone who knows if it's possible to control the rotation speed of
an IDE cd-rom reader in windows?
I want to read data cd's without having my Sony 48x reader to spin like
crazy and thus make a _lot_ of noise.

/kalle bergstrom

Post by sathyan sundar » Thu, 11 Jan 2001 00:02:13

http://cgi.asus.com.tw/cgi-bin/dl.asp?filename=cdrom/cdspeed.exe

>Hi.
>Is there anyone who knows if it's possible to control the rotation speed of
>an IDE cd-rom reader in windows?
>I want to read data cd's without having my Sony 48x reader to spin like
>crazy and thus make a _lot_ of noise.

>/kalle bergstrom

IDE Cdrom reader spin control

Post by kalle bergstr? » Thu, 11 Jan 2001 04:42:12

Thanks a lot, but this program doesn't seem to support windows 2000, which I
am using.

/kalle