Sound Galaxy NX PRO 16 & SONY CD31a-02 CD-ROM installation ?

Sound Galaxy NX PRO 16 & SONY CD31a-02 CD-ROM installation ?

Post by d.stikkers..s » Fri, 24 Dec 1993 19:36:09

Hi,

I have a Sound Galaxy NX PRO 16 sound board installed in my PC.
Also a SONY CD31a-02 CD-ROM drive is installed.
However, the Sony uses his own interface and not the interface
provided on the soundboard. As a result of this I need to
connect the soundboard and the CD separately to my Stereo System.
Also some features involving mixing the line-in on the soundboard
and the Sony don't work because of this.

Can anyone tell if it is possible to resolve this by using the
Soundboard as CD-ROM interface. Do I need any optional parts for
doing that ? And what do I have to do with the old, and by then,
obsolete Sony interface ? Just leave it in or remove it from the
system ? Will all this have any impact on the performance for
the soundboard or the CD-ROM drive.

Thank you very much for your help.

Dimitri Stikkers

quote of the day "Forthytwo is a hell of an answer !"