Nero Burning Rom vs Nero Express

Post by Philippe Perri » Wed, 18 Sep 2002 21:33:42

Hello

I've installed Nero 5.5.9.9, and every time I run nero.exe, I get "Nero
Express".
How can I use again the "old" "Nero Burning Rom", with the old interface ?
Are they two individual programs, or is it the same one with 2 different
interfaces ?

Basically, I'd like to know how I can choose between the old "Nero Burning
Rom" interface and the new "Nero Express" interface.

Thanks for answering if you have an answer :-)

Philippe

Nero Burning Rom vs Nero Express

Post by olc.. » Fri, 20 Sep 2002 00:14:17

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:33:42 +0200, "Philippe Perrin"

>Hello

>I've installed Nero 5.5.9.9, and every time I run nero.exe, I get "Nero
>Express".
>How can I use again the "old" "Nero Burning Rom", with the old interface ?
>Are they two individual programs, or is it the same one with 2 different
>interfaces ?

>Basically, I'd like to know how I can choose between the old "Nero Burning
>Rom" interface and the new "Nero Express" interface.

>Thanks for answering if you have an answer :-)

>Philippe

Same with 2 interfaces. Make shortcuts with nero.exe and with
nero.exe/w. The latter gets the Express.

Nero Burning Rom vs Nero Express

Post by Philippe Perri » Fri, 20 Sep 2002 00:38:12

Unfortunately, that's what I had already tried, but...
If I run "nero.exe" or "nero.exe /w", I get Nero express in both cases... is
there a setting somewhere (in the registry for example) that forces Nero to
run in "express" mode ?

Thanks,
Philippe

Post by Just trying to he » Sat, 21 Sep 2002 23:43:42

 > If I run "nero.exe" or "nero.exe /w", I get Nero express in both
 > cases... is there a setting somewhere (in the registry for
 > example) that forces Nero to run in "express" mode ?

Methinks that you have the OEM version of Nero which, from what I
understand, does the Express only in the newer versions.

Nero Burning Rom vs Nero Express

Post by Sean P. Donaghe » Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:42:21

Enter in a valid serial number.  I had the same situation, and after I
entered in a valid serial, the full Nero was available.

> Unfortunately, that's what I had already tried, but...
> If I run "nero.exe" or "nero.exe /w", I get Nero express in both cases...
is
> there a setting somewhere (in the registry for example) that forces Nero
> run in "express" mode ?

> Thanks,
> Philippe

> > On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:33:42 +0200, "Philippe Perrin"

> > >Hello

> > >I've installed Nero 5.5.9.9, and every time I run nero.exe, I get "Nero
> > >Express".
> > >How can I use again the "old" "Nero Burning Rom", with the old
interface
> ?
> > >Are they two individual programs, or is it the same one with 2
different
> > >interfaces ?

> > >Basically, I'd like to know how I can choose between the old "Nero
> Burning
> > >Rom" interface and the new "Nero Express" interface.

> > >Thanks for answering if you have an answer :-)

> > >Philippe

> > Same with 2 interfaces. Make shortcuts with nero.exe and with
> > nero.exe/w. The latter gets the Express.

Nero Burning Rom vs Nero Express

Post by Ditt » Mon, 23 Sep 2002 16:50:48

Are we using the same software? (5.5.9.9) Mine software has a button, right
on the bottom of the window to simply switch between the full and express
versions. Make short-cuts? What on earth!

> Enter in a valid serial number.  I had the same situation, and after I
> entered in a valid serial, the full Nero was available.

> > Unfortunately, that's what I had already tried, but...
> > If I run "nero.exe" or "nero.exe /w", I get Nero express in both
cases...
> is
> > there a setting somewhere (in the registry for example) that forces Nero
> > run in "express" mode ?

> > Thanks,
> > Philippe

> > > On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:33:42 +0200, "Philippe Perrin"

> interface
> > ?
> different

> > Burning

> > > Same with 2 interfaces. Make shortcuts with nero.exe and with
> > > nero.exe/w. The latter gets the Express.

Nero Burning Rom vs Nero Express

Post by Philippe Perri » Mon, 23 Sep 2002 18:58:53

Yes, that was the trick... I had mispelled the serial number. Now it works
fine.
Thanks to you all !

Philippe

> Enter in a valid serial number.  I had the same situation, and after I
> entered in a valid serial, the full Nero was available.

> > Unfortunately, that's what I had already tried, but...
> > If I run "nero.exe" or "nero.exe /w", I get Nero express in both
cases...
> is
> > there a setting somewhere (in the registry for example) that forces Nero
> > run in "express" mode ?

> > Thanks,
> > Philippe

> > > On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:33:42 +0200, "Philippe Perrin"

> interface
> > ?
> different

> > Burning

> > > Same with 2 interfaces. Make shortcuts with nero.exe and with
> > > nero.exe/w. The latter gets the Express.

1. Nero vs Nero Express?

I have a full version of Nero v5.5 that came with my Philips DVDRW228.  I
have upgraded to version 5.5.9.14.

Any of the recent versions of Nero, when installed on my system, revert to
the Nero Express interface.  I cannot get them to load with the "old"
interface.  The only way I can seem to keep the "old" interface is to
install the bundled version that came with my drive, but I want to be
running the latest version.

I assume that the "Nero" button in Nero Express is supposed to toggle back
to the old interface, but all it does for me is tell me to go to
www.ahead.de.

How can I run 5.5.9.14 but use the old interface?

Thanks!

2. Oops!!

3. Update of Nero changes Nero to Nero Express

4. S3 drivers available on watson

5. HELP - Change from Nero Express to Nero

6. VB .Net Security Question

7. Nero/Nero Express Demoversion and Update from previous versions - Current version: 5.5.10.7b

8. Raising Awareness

9. Nero Express interface hosed on latest Nero

10. Nero/Nero Express Demoversion and Update from previous version 5.5.9.17

11. Nero v5.5.8.2 Nero Express interface

12. Nero - Nero Express interface issues

13. best burning software (cdrwin vs. nero)