Backpack CD Rom Drive ?

Post by <MSW.. » Fri, 26 Aug 1994 16:59:46

Anyone familiar with this drive ? Its a parallel port cd drive thats
supposed to be good because of par.port capabilitiy to transfer high
amounts of data. They say mosy computers should upgrade to an EPP
(enhanced par.port) card for best results. Drop me a line if you know
anything else about this CD Rom drive.

Backpack CD Rom Drive ?

Post by Michael Schust » Fri, 26 Aug 1994 22:00:41

>Anyone familiar with this drive ? Its a parallel port cd drive thats
>supposed to be good because of par.port capabilitiy to transfer high
>amounts of data. They say mosy computers should upgrade to an EPP
>(enhanced par.port) card for best results. Drop me a line if you know
>anything else about this CD Rom drive.

I have the single-speed version (purchased just before the double spin
version was released). The transfer rate is pretty much limited by the
printer port unless you have a compatible (i.e. Intel-chipset) EPP.
Otherwise it's a solid reliable product.

--

1. backpack cd rom drive 164550

Hallo,
I've bought a secondhand computer with an external cdrom drive (backpack
model 164550).I tried to install to cd rom but have flwng error message
"device is not ready".Does some1 can help me to make it work.

Bert Potums

2. mailtool does not save ignored header fields

3. My Backpack CD-RW drive's alot door won't open

4. Postscript printing to LasterJet 4

5. Backpack CD Drive power supply question need help please

6. MQX rtos

7. backpack external cd drives

8. How to upgrade to 1.6.16?

9. AC/DC Power Adaptor for Backpack CD Drive

10. BackPack CD-Rom to CD-RW

11. auddrive.dll pour BACKPACK PD/CD rom

12. FS:Backpack 4x CD-ROM $250

13. Backpack CD-Rom performance?