Philips CDD 2600

Post by Phi » Thu, 16 Jan 1997 04:00:00

i am using Gear 4.01 and i tried to copy data from my quantum ide hd
to a cd with my cdd2600. anyway writing starts normally but after a
while writing stops and my computer crashs down :-(!!!
i thought it might be a buffer underrun and followed the instructions at
the "gear" homepage. But the same problem still exists and i *ed up
another cd-recordable.
i am using the adaptec aha 2940 scsi host only for my cd writer and my
hardisks are both e-ide, i hope this is not the problem...

can anyone help ???? :-?

Philips CDD 2600

Post by sp.. » Sun, 19 Jan 1997 04:00:00

>i am using Gear 4.01 and i tried to copy data from my quantum ide hd
>to a cd with my cdd2600. anyway writing starts normally but after a
>while writing stops and my computer crashs down :-(!!!
>i thought it might be a buffer underrun and followed the instructions at
>the "gear" homepage. But the same problem still exists and i *ed up
>another cd-recordable.
>i am using the adaptec aha 2940 scsi host only for my cd writer and my
>hardisks are both e-ide, i hope this is not the problem...

>can anyone help ???? :-?

do you have the AUTO INSERT NOTIFICATION OFF?????