1. CDRW drive slows down with Direct CD installed and CD in drive
Interesting problem -
I just upgraded my system, fresh install of Win 98, etc.
I installed my Mistumi 4802TE and booted up. Windows recognizes the
drive as CDROM and I can read from it with no problems, in fact I
installed Windows from this drive.
The problem arises when I install Direct CD 2.5 - after rebooting the
computer slows down when a CD is in the drive. For example with a
disk in and clicking on My Computer the little flashlight comes up the
CD drive lights up, but nothing comes up - if I then eject the disk
from the CD drive everything returns to normal.
I am confused as to why this is happening. I have two hard drives on
the primary IDE interface, and the CDRW as a master on the secondary,
there is nothing else on the secondary.
The computer is a AOpen MX59 Pro 2 board, with an AMD K6-2 500, 64 Meg
I can't understand why it works fine without Direct CD, or with no
disk in drive and Direct CD installed.
I don't understand too much about IDE Bus Mastering, but could this be
causing the problem, and if so can someone quickly explain what it is
and what I might do to remedy the situation.
2. EiffelBase source available on the Web
3. CD-R drives and Direct CD to CD copying
4. Need help with Etherppp 1.9.49 beta
5. Direct CD or not Direct CD
6. OS/2 ASM HowTo
7. Lost Win 2000 CD drive after Direct cd 4.01 uninstall
8. Looking for more MP API info
9. Adaptec Direct CD Problem - Copying from CD-RW to hard drive - ALL CAPITOL LETTERS
10. direct CD and making CD-RW disc readable in a CDROM Drive
11. Can an IDE CD-RW Do Direct CD Audio Recording From a 32x CDROM Drive?
12. Direct CD to CD Copy???What Drives??
13. Direct Tape Access / Is there a Direct CD-RW Access?