CD Drive and Direct CD

Post by Chris » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 07:47:35

Hi,

I have a Sony CD RW and I am using Easy CD Creator.
The Software works ok apart from Direct CD.
When I try  to format I get a error.
I have found out that even with all the updates the error will still happen
as it is due to a firmware problem with my drive.
I don't want to flash the drive so I want to know if the following is
possible.

Have EZCD without Direct CD?
Install Nero In CD without the rest of the Nero software
Have EZCD without Direct CD but with In CD?

Any help.

Thanks

CD Drive and Direct CD

Post by Dan » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 08:04:54

Your problem may well be the RW discs you're using. Yes you can install InCD
AFTER you thoroughly remove all traces of DirectCD, but your results may not
be any different. Assuming you're using a 10x/12x (HS) RW drive, get some
Maxell, TDK Fuji or Verbatim RW media and try again.

Quote:> Hi,

> I have a Sony CD RW and I am using Easy CD Creator.
> The Software works ok apart from Direct CD.
> When I try  to format I get a error.
> I have found out that even with all the updates the error will still
happen
> as it is due to a firmware problem with my drive.
> I don't want to flash the drive so I want to know if the following is
> possible.

> Have EZCD without Direct CD?
> Install Nero In CD without the rest of the Nero software
> Have EZCD without Direct CD but with In CD?

> Any help.

> Thanks

CD Drive and Direct CD

Post by Mike Richte » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 14:21:46

> Hi,

> I have a Sony CD RW and I am using Easy CD Creator.
> The Software works ok apart from Direct CD.
> When I try  to format I get a error.
> I have found out that even with all the updates the error will still happen
> as it is due to a firmware problem with my drive.
> I don't want to flash the drive so I want to know if the following is
> possible.

> Have EZCD without Direct CD?

No problem at all - that's the way I have my primary system configured.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

1. CDRW drive slows down with Direct CD installed and CD in drive

Hi,

Interesting problem -

I just upgraded my system, fresh install of Win 98, etc.

I installed my Mistumi 4802TE and booted up.  Windows recognizes the
drive as CDROM and I can read from it with no problems, in fact I
installed Windows from this drive.

The problem arises when I install Direct CD 2.5 - after rebooting the
computer slows down when a CD is in the drive.  For example with a
disk in and clicking on My Computer the little flashlight comes up the
CD drive lights up, but nothing comes up - if I then eject the disk
from the CD drive everything returns to normal.

I am confused as to why this is happening.  I have two hard drives on
the primary IDE interface, and the CDRW as a master on the secondary,
there is nothing else on the secondary.

The computer is a AOpen MX59 Pro 2 board, with an AMD K6-2 500, 64 Meg
Ram.

I can't understand why it works fine without Direct CD, or with no
disk in drive and Direct CD installed.

I don't understand too much about IDE Bus Mastering, but could this be
causing the problem, and if so can someone quickly explain what it is
and what I might do to remedy the situation.

Many thanks.

Nick

2. EiffelBase source available on the Web

3. CD-R drives and Direct CD to CD copying

4. Need help with Etherppp 1.9.49 beta

5. Direct CD or not Direct CD

6. OS/2 ASM HowTo

7. Lost Win 2000 CD drive after Direct cd 4.01 uninstall

8. Looking for more MP API info

9. Adaptec Direct CD Problem - Copying from CD-RW to hard drive - ALL CAPITOL LETTERS

10. direct CD and making CD-RW disc readable in a CDROM Drive

11. Can an IDE CD-RW Do Direct CD Audio Recording From a 32x CDROM Drive?

12. Direct CD to CD Copy???What Drives??

13. Direct Tape Access / Is there a Direct CD-RW Access?