HP 7100i Problem: Burns cd-rw OK but not cd-r -- WHY????

HP 7100i Problem: Burns cd-rw OK but not cd-r -- WHY????

Post by Vibe » Wed, 24 Feb 1999 04:00:00

My 7200i has started to act up after 6 months.  It will burn cd-rw
just fine, however, when it comes to cd-r it stalls sometime after the
burning begins.  Of course this results in a coaster.  Test burns on
cd-r do OK but not the final burn.  I checked my settings and I have
auto insert notification off, DMA unchecked and vcache set according
to reccommendations.  Nothing else is running in the background.  What
is going on here?  Why would cd-rw burn ok but not cd-r?

At first I thought it might be the media I was using but the problem
occurs on different brands of media.  I do get some good cd-r burns
but it seems like it's one good burn out of four.  I've tried using CD
Creator deluxe, Spin Doctor and Cdrwin 3.7a all with hit and miss
results.

Any thoughts?

TIA

1. HP 7200i Problem: Burns cd-rw OK but not cd-r -- WHY????

My 7200i has started to act up after 6 months.  It will burn cd-rw
just fine, however, when it comes to cd-r it stalls sometime after the
burning begins.  Of course this results in a coaster.  Test burns on
cd-r do OK but not the final burn.  I checked my settings and I have
auto insert notification off, DMA unchecked and vcache set according
to reccommendations.  Nothing else is running in the background.  What
is going on here?  Why would cd-rw burn ok but not cd-r?

At first I thought it might be the media I was using but the problem
occurs on different brands of media.  I do get some good cd-r burns
but it seems like it's one good burn out of four.  I've tried using CD
Creator deluxe, Spin Doctor and Cdrwin 3.7a all with hit and miss
results.

Any thoughts?

TIA

2. Crashing when using Link Bar

3. Help: My HP 7100i sometimes does not recognize CD-RW disk

4. Can't Read a Word

5. HP 4020i burns OK but reads only factoy CDs, no CDRs (regardless where burnt)

6. Interfacing SCSI drives to a SUN 3/50

7. Problems burning CD-R's in ISO format with HP 7100i

8. Notes and Programming Languages

9. HP CD-RW 7100i cause of odd problem?

10. HP 7100i.......OK....So what do I do with it ???

11. Flashing a HP 7100i....is it still seen as a HP 7100i..?

12. HP 7100i Data Burning Problems