CD ROM not detected in DOS

Post by Mike Eva » Fri, 11 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I have a friend who can't get his computer to recognize the CDROM when booting into DOS-MODE. The
driver tries to load but it says that the CDROM is not detected, or communication was lost, etc. The
CDROM is detected when he boots into WIN95.  We are at a loss as to why it won't work in DOS Mode
and have tried everything under the sun to get it to work.

His CDROM is a Sony CDU-33A.

Thanks,

Mike

---
     "We search for the truth, we seek justice.
    The courts Require it, the victims Cry for it,
              and God Demands it."
               Oklahoma City, OK
                April 19, 1995

*** Remove the word *DOUGHBOY* to reply by email ***

1. CD-Rom Drive not detected in DOS

I'm in the middle of doing a clean sweep of my parent's system, the only
problem stopping me is trying to get DOS to recognize my CD-Rom so I can
install Windows from there. It's an old 2X Mitsumi drive. I've already
downloaded drivers off the internet and put the appropriate lines in
config.sys and autoexec.bat. I still get the message "CD-Rom drive not
found. Driver will not be installed" on bootup. What gives? My BIOS
recognizes the drive, as does Windows. Can anyone shed some light on
this? It's been driving me up the wall!

2. Domain

3. CDROM not detected in DOS mode

4. Tukey's HSD test reference

5. CD writer does not detect the presence of a CD-ROM

6. Built in DPMI for .exe's

7. CD-ROM not detecting CD's sometimes

8. GETPRIVATEPROFILESTRING on mac?

9. CD writer does not detect the presence of a CD-ROM

10. CD-ROM drives not detected on reboot

11. CD-rom not detected?

12. Made changes, but CD ROM still not being detected

13. CD-ROM not detected connected to Sound Blaster IDE