looking for info on a sony ddu220e DVD-ROM drive

looking for info on a sony ddu220e DVD-ROM drive

Post by Dan Barbe » Sun, 09 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi all,
I baought a Sony ddu220e (actually the model number says ddu220e/k on the
drive) and it makes a lot of noise when I use it.  Mostly vibrations.  Does
anyone have any experience with this drive?  I have tried 3 cd-slowdown
programs and none of them work.  :/  Is there anything that I can do?
Should I just go with another drive and chuck this one?  I like all the
types of formats it plays and it reads the disk (setup as well as read) very
well.  My old drive you might have to reinsert the disc a few times to get
it to read it.  And this sony drive does not have any problems at all.  It
is just noisy.

If this is just a junk drive, what would be a good drive with the ability to
read MANY different formats?   I need the ablity to read  DVD, CD-ROM,
CD-RW, CD-R, and photo cd.  Others would be a plus.

Dan Barber

looking for info on a sony ddu220e DVD-ROM drive

Post by Mont » Thu, 03 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hey Dan... it's funny you should mention that Sony 220e DVD-ROM.

I was recently trying to set my friends' Sony220eDVD up, and I can't seem
to get it to play audio CD's(Although the CD player comes up, it just
doesn't make sound), and on DVD's I can access the ROM special stuff and
the previews, just not the movie. It says I'm missing a decoder. Is there
anything I can do short of buying one of these decoders. My friend bought
the computer off ebay, and it didn't even have an operating system. I was
wondering if you might have, or know where to get some setup software for
this sony220e DVD player.
 Any Help will be appreciated,

Monte