Any Help will be appreciated (CD-rom freeze)

Any Help will be appreciated (CD-rom freeze)

Post by Biig » Sat, 17 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I have a really odd problem with my Cd Rom.  Everytime I try to install
something form my CDrom, it will hard freeze my machine.  I happens more often
then I care for it to and I can't isolate what would be causing this.  For
Example, I try to install Tribes or XWA and it will freeze about 23-48% of the
installation complete and rebooting doesn't fix this.  Both the CD rom and the
HD light stay on when it freezes.  They are even on seperate IDE channels. Any
ideas?

Current System:
AMD K6 300 Oc'd to 333 (4x83mhz)
160 MB Ram (pc 100)
Maxtor DiamondMax 8.4 gig
Epox Mvp3c-M MB
Generic 16x CD-Rom
SB Live Value

Butt-Kicking for Goodness!

Minsc

1. Help!! CD Rom freezes up Screen!

Hello:

I just had our home computer (486DX) upgraded with RAM, Disk Space,
Soundblaster card, external 28,800 modem and CD Rom player.

We are experiencing a problem with the CD Rom player when reading discs
that
have information on them.  The audio player for music discs has no
glitches
and plays beautifully.

Whenever we put a disc in to read, (Living Books, Adventure discs,
Grolier Encyclopedia, etc.) the screen freezes and we have to reboot
the
machine to get start again.  The time period when the screen freezes
(or
hangs up) is not consistent to the discs nor from the time we begin
reading"
the disc.

I took it back to the place that installed the CD Rom and they said
they
reinstalled the software for it, thinking there may have been a problem
with
the first installation.  But they could find no explanation for the
hang up.
 I can't accept this.  There must be something more to it. You pay out
the
money for an upgrade and hope that the unit will work without any
problems,
but this is a problem and they cannot explain why it is happening.

Has anyone ever experienced this with their CD Rom unit reading discs?
 Has
anyone got some suggestions or ideas?  Anything you have to contribute
would
be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Jan

2. Can I make an Offscreen surface lager than Primary?

3. Help!!! New CD Rom Freezes up Screen!

4. how to choose the boot disk on O2?

5. Help!!! New CD Rom freezes up Screen!

6. I Just Got Scammed

7. CD Label Problem - Any Help Is Greatly Appreciated

8. IBM Web Explorer - He

9. PLEEEAAASE recommend a cd-rom to go with a yamaha 4001 recorder -much appreciated

10. CD Label Problem - Any Help Is Greatly Appreciated

11. ATAPI CD Drive disappeared - Any help appreciated

12. Data lost on CD-RW...- help appreciated

13. Discjuggler problem - any help appreciated