Broke my CD-RW by flashing my DVD-ROM

Post by Gino van den Berge » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 17:16:16

Hi All,

I tried to flash my ASUS DVD E616 using MtkWinFlash under Windows 2000, AMD
Athlon XP 1600+, ASUS A7V266-E, 512MB. The program immediatly crashed by an
access violation and left my DVD-ROM, as well as my LG GCE-8160B CD-RW with
a broken flash. I managed to revive the DVD by using MtkFlash under DOS,
however the CD-RW cannot be brought back as it seems. I've tried flashing
both with the flash tool JE1 from LG using

JE1 JE1LG912.HEX 3 /m

as well as

MTKFLASH 3 w JE1LG912.HEX

The CD-RW is master on the secondary channel. I've disconnected my DVD-ROM
before flashing my CD-RW.

Could it be that my LG CD-RW is permanently damaged or is there some way to
revive it?

Thanks,

Gino

1. DVD/CD-RW combo drive -=vs=- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive

I want to get a DVD/CD-RW combo drive, such as the PlexCombo.
http://www.plextor.be/english/products/px320a.html

My only concern is that this drive won't read CD's and DVD's as fast as a
standalone reader, and the access times will be much slower.

Are the access times on this drive much slower than on a DVD-ROM or CD-ROM
drive?

p.s. - I have a Dell SmartStep 100d, and it only has one drive bay for a
CD-ROM or other IDE drive.

2. CD-ROM Interface question

3. DVD-RW to be read as normal DVD in DVD-ROM players?

4. Moving A Dialog Window Without a Cap

5. CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW and DVD-ROM all in one.

6. Novell 4.1 File Date Oddity on Server Volume.

7. Pioneer DVD-ROM & Plextor CD-RW cannot read CD-ROM installa

8. Oracle requirements for connect with MS

9. Pioneer DVD-ROM & Plextor CD-RW cannot read CD-ROM installation discs?

10. Repost: Pioneer DVD-ROM & Plextor CD-RW cannot read CD-ROM installation discs

11. EZCD 4.03b keeps polling CD-RW, CD-ROM & DVD-ROM drives

12. Can DVD-ROM readers handle CD-R, CD-RW and packet written (DirectCD) CDs?

13. Toshiba SD-R1202 (CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive)