Writing Onto CD-RW Media With Plexwriter 4/12??

Writing Onto CD-RW Media With Plexwriter 4/12??

Post by Buford T. Justi » Tue, 01 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi, has anyone been able to write onto a CD-RW disk with a
non-rewritable CD-R? I have a Plexwriter 4/12 and want to write to
rewritable disks. Is this possible?

I've tried it with one type of cheap media (Mr. Data) and it would
just spit the cd back out when inserted in.

The reason for all this is I want to test my home DVD player to see if
it will read CD-RW VCD's. It won't read the regular CD-R's.

Thanks for any info...

Writing Onto CD-RW Media With Plexwriter 4/12??

Post by Mike Richte » Tue, 01 Jun 1999 04:00:00

NO

Don't do it. It won't work.

Your CD-R also will not write pressed discs, DVD's and pieces of
cardboard cut to shape.

Mike

--

http://mrichter.simplenet.com
CD-R http://resource.simplenet.com

Writing Onto CD-RW Media With Plexwriter 4/12??

Post by Thomas Tornblo » Tue, 01 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi, has anyone been able to write onto a CD-RW disk with a
> non-rewritable CD-R? I have a Plexwriter 4/12 and want to write to
> rewritable disks. Is this possible?

> I've tried it with one type of cheap media (Mr. Data) and it would
> just spit the cd back out when inserted in.

> The reason for all this is I want to test my home DVD player to see if
> it will read CD-RW VCD's. It won't read the regular CD-R's.

> Thanks for any info...

Won't work.

Check out:

http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~matthemr/cdr.html

instead for CDR blanks that *may* work in your non-CDR compliant DVD
player.

--

Sun Microsystems AB      Fax: +46 8 623 9102

1. SCSI Card for Plexwriter 4/12 CD-RW

Which SCSI adapter card comes with the Plexwriter 4/12 kit?

I'm completely new to SCSI and have some additonal questions.

1)  Can I connect my external Smart Page/Easy Photo scanner to this
card?

2)  What would be the advantage of a PCI over an ISA card?  (I don't
have a SCSI hard drive.)

3) Can I connect an internat SCSI CD-ROM to this card.

4)  The Plextor web site says that I'd need their PCI card in order to
boot off the CD writer.  What's different about this card that makes
the drive bootable?

--remove the Y to respond directly--

Thanks,
Bob Lamparter

2. The Library Newsletter - Vol.01 No.02

3. Packet writing with Plexwriter 4/12

4. Trouble downloading statement using IE4

5. FS: SCSI Plexwriter 4/12, 12/20 Plex, AHA-2940U setup

6. GPS system and SunDisk

7. Plextor 12/20 doesnt like to read MEMOREX CD-RW Media

8. combine records without a by variable

9. Ricoh 6200, CD-RW media, Plextor 12/20, and DAE

10. Does Plexwriter write CD-RW?

11. PlexWriter 4/12 won't accept CD caddy or tray

12. recommended blank CD-R's for Plextor PleXWriter 4/12

13. Anyone using Marantz CD recorder with Plexwriter 4/12?