Samsung CD-ROM (help)

Post by Gitesh Ram » Thu, 18 Jan 1996 04:00:00

doe anyone have any informatio about the samsung quad speed cd-rom?
I'm tring to get it to work with windoze95, althouh its ok under dos.

Samsung CD-ROM (help)

Post by Romeo Arenza » Sun, 21 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>doe anyone have any informatio about the samsung quad speed cd-rom?
>I'm tring to get it to work with windoze95, althouh its ok under dos.

I setup a Samsung quad for my sister's pc last week and you
need the sscdpre.exe loaded (found on the Samsung drivers disk).
I found the 32-bit disk and file access very unstable (booting
me to DOS) if that file is not loaded. So far, her Win 3.11
is flying and stable with 32-bit disk and 32-bit file access
enabled.

What's scary is the support of Samsung--it's non-existant!
I searched on the Web for "samsung" and I found three links
but none of them had any drivers or support for that model.
So make a backup of that drivers disk and keep the manual.

PS - I hooked the quad on a cheap EIDE controller (Holtek,
$12) as a slave with the IDE HD as a master. I was surprised
it worked. The quad was bought for $99 BTW. Good luck.

--
I'm as confused as a baby in a * bar.