5302B problem

Post by silvio trc » Mon, 06 Nov 1995 04:00:00

 Hi i have toshiba 5302B drive. It's made in February 1995 version 1.0.
 I have problems reading CD-R's, sometimes i get cd rom not ready abort
ignore retry message and sometimes it works fine except for a loss in speed.
 Is it a drive problem?

                                Thanks

                                                Silvio

5302B problem

Post by Ricky Leu » Tue, 07 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>  Hi i have toshiba 5302B drive. It's made in February 1995 version 1.0.
>  I have problems reading CD-R's, sometimes i get cd rom not ready abort
> ignore retry message and sometimes it works fine except for a loss in speed.
>  Is it a drive problem?

Hi Silvio,

     I had such problem before. But it has been solved. It is mainly due
to your buggy driver. What is your driver's version? (1.09 or earlier?)
If so, you should replace it with latest driver. ( either 1.1 or 1.11 )
I am using 1.1 and it works fine for me!

Ricky Leung

1. Toshiba 5302B Problems!!!!

This drive appears to have problems reading certain disks.  The one
that I have currently found to not work is STTNG: A Final Unity.  SP's
answer is to get a two disk version, which will probably solve the
problem.
But... the disk works with four other Quad CD mechs that I tested the
disk on.  So the toshiba should handle it, unless Toshiba screwed up
(I think that is the case).  Unless the early ones have a bug. Mine
is:
Ver. 001
ROM ver. KA50130
March 95

If anyone knows of any information regarding this problem, please
contact me.  Software fix, hardware hack fix, drive replacement,
whatever.  Also, does anyone else have the same problem?
By the way, before you ask, I do know what I am doing, and the disk
can't even be properly read by DOS.

2. internet adventurer .26-confirmations?

3. Yet another 5302b problem (this time with autoexec.bat and config.sys

4. Ckermit and Comm.sys-mucks up passwords in script

5. Toshiba 5302B Problem in DOS only

6. HP4MP???

7. Toshiba XM-5302B Problem

8. FP 98 Port 80