CDRW writer?

Post by Stev » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 01:02:10

Have two computers, Win98SE and WINXP(Sony) both with CDRW drives. Need to
transfer files between the two computers using a CDRW media. On Win98SE I
use Nero InCD3.5.22 but WINXP will not write to this CD. If I use a WINXP
CDRW on Win98SE it won't read the files stored on the CDRW. Is there a CDRW
writer that both WINXP and Win98SE read/write?
Thank you

--
Have a nice day
Steve

CDRW writer?

Post by Graham Mayo » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 01:50:12

The answer is to break away from the flaky world of packet writing and
create multisession ISO data discs with Nero, which both machines should be
able to read and write (with Nero) - whether you use CDR or RW discs.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<>
 Graham Mayor

> Have two computers, Win98SE and WINXP(Sony) both with CDRW drives.
> Need to transfer files between the two computers using a CDRW media.
> On Win98SE I use Nero InCD3.5.22 but WINXP will not write to this CD.
> If I use a WINXP CDRW on Win98SE it won't read the files stored on
> the CDRW. Is there a CDRW writer that both WINXP and Win98SE
> read/write?
> Thank you

CDRW writer?

Post by smh » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 02:55:15

> Have two computers, Win98SE and WINXP(Sony) both with CDRW drives. Need to
> transfer files between the two computers using a CDRW media. On Win98SE I
> use Nero InCD3.5.22 but WINXP will not write to this CD. If I use a WINXP
> CDRW on Win98SE it won't read the files stored on the CDRW. Is there a CDRW
> writer that both WINXP and Win98SE read/write?

Are the InCD on 98se and xp the same version 3.5.22?

CDRW writer?

Post by smh » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 02:56:15

> The answer is to break away from the flaky world of packet writing and
> create multisession ISO data discs with Nero, which both machines should be
> able to read and write (with Nero) - whether you use CDR or RW discs.

Isn't it about time you respond to this?

==============================
From:    Edward W. Thompson
Subject: Re: Nero InCD 3.2 vs WinXP CD Writer software (roxio)
Date:    2/22/02

> You are thinking of replacing a relatively secure filing system,
> with a less stable one, simply to allow you to delete individual
> files from a rewritable disc?

If one accepts the statement that UDF is insecure, (I assume that is
what is meant by "less stable") it would be absurd to use it.
Although I have seen many statements to the effect that data has been
lost on UDF disks I have not had that experience over the past 4 to 5
years.  Most statement criticizing UDF are linked to long term data
storage.  I don't use CD-RW media for long term storage only short
term therefore if it is true that data can be lost over time, that
does not bother me.

I have yet to see any proof that data written to UDF is any less secure
than to any other magnetic or optical media either in short or long
term.  Further, I am surprised that reputable manufacturers would market
the CD-RW system if it could be shown it was inherently unreliable.