The upgrade to Easy CD Creator 5.02c still doesn't address the validate problem.

The upgrade to Easy CD Creator 5.02c still doesn't address the validate problem.

Post by Tom » Wed, 12 Dec 2001 08:26:03

I use saved "Projects Lists" in Easy CD Creator 5 so I don't have to create
a new list each time I want to make a Program Installation CD of our
companies software.

I have folders with our program installation files in them.  As our programs
are updated, the files in those folders are changed.  I have saved "Project
Lists" for each CD that will be created using these files.  Some of the
projects use files from as many as ten different folders.  If I try to burn
a CD after changing the files in the folders, I am  instructed to "Validate
the Project List."  When I do, it finds the files that are changed.  I am
then instructed to "Update" the "Project List."   When I do, it deletes all
of the changed files out of the Project List.  I then have to recreate the
Project List and add all of the files back in from scratch.  Not only is
this time consuming, but I could easily leave an important file out of the
project.

 In Version 4 of Easy CD Creator if I did the same thing it would update and
use the new files.  I would then save the newer version project list.
Thanks in advance
Tom

The upgrade to Easy CD Creator 5.02c still doesn't address the validate problem.

Post by peter » Wed, 12 Dec 2001 09:27:57

I would suggest you go back to version 4    the biggest problem is that   easy
cd is almost impossible to uninstall cleanly   I think they do it on purpose so
they can sewll their platinum edition    Even then I have a lot of trouble
putting it in and I/ve got a legal edition.

> I use saved "Projects Lists" in Easy CD Creator 5 so I don't have to create
> a new list each time I want to make a Program Installation CD of our
> companies software.

> I have folders with our program installation files in them.  As our programs
> are updated, the files in those folders are changed.  I have saved "Project
> Lists" for each CD that will be created using these files.  Some of the
> projects use files from as many as ten different folders.  If I try to burn
> a CD after changing the files in the folders, I am  instructed to "Validate
> the Project List."  When I do, it finds the files that are changed.  I am
> then instructed to "Update" the "Project List."   When I do, it deletes all
> of the changed files out of the Project List.  I then have to recreate the
> Project List and add all of the files back in from scratch.  Not only is
> this time consuming, but I could easily leave an important file out of the
> project.

>  In Version 4 of Easy CD Creator if I did the same thing it would update and
> use the new files.  I would then save the newer version project list.
> Thanks in advance
> Tom

1. Upgrade Easy CD Creator to 4.02c and Win2000

I did the upgrade from Easy Cd Creator 4.02 to 4.02c.
Now I have to double-click twice the icon on the desktop to start the
program. I tried deinstalling and reinstalling the program without result.
The double-click works under version 4.02 but I tried the upgrade because
there are some other issues with Easy CD Creator and Win2000.
Any suggestions?
JP

2. Eamon?

3. Is anyone else having Validate Project problems with Easy CD Creator Ver 5 or 5.02b?

4. Silicon Graphics Disk Array

5. Adaptec Easy CD Creator Deluxe patch _still_ doesn't fix my problems

6. E-mail address 'Metus Systems'

7. problem with easy cd creator 4.02c

8. WinUAE CandyFactoryPro test

9. Problem installing Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4.02c on Windows 2000

10. validate layout under "Files" is missing in Easy CD Creator (V. 4.05)

11. Help with Validating Layout in Easy CD Creator 3.0

12. Easy CD Creator 3.5C doesn't recognize 800mg/80 min CDR's

13. Upgrade Easy Cd Pro 2.11 under NT 4 doesn't work