HP 4020i burns OK but reads only factoy CDs, no CDRs (regardless where burnt)

HP 4020i burns OK but reads only factoy CDs, no CDRs (regardless where burnt)

Post by Mar » Tue, 13 Jan 1998 04:00:00

a friend of mine has abovementioned problem
the drive LED even stops flashing when a non-empty CDR is inserted
no change even after successfully upgrading firmware to 1.27
any help would be appreciated, thanks

* (remove *nospam* before sending mail!)
* Marc W., Salzburg, Austria
* http://members.ping.at/mawit/
* Cult Movies, Horror, SF, Video, Satellite TV, TV (X-Files, Simpsons...);
* PC: Sound, DTVideo, Entertainment; Music: Alternative, Wave, Progressive
* --- PGP public key available & recommended ---

HP 4020i burns OK but reads only factoy CDs, no CDRs (regardless where burnt)

Post by Jari Fergus » Wed, 21 Jan 1998 04:00:00

All I can say is that I am experiencing the exact same problem.
Jari

Post by Olaf Kaluz » Wed, 21 Jan 1998 04:00:00

 >a friend of mine has abovementioned problem
 >the drive LED even stops flashing when a non-empty CDR is inserted
 >no change even after successfully upgrading firmware to 1.27
 >any help would be appreciated, thanks

A few weeks ago I had a similar problem with my 4020.

From one day to another the 4020 can't read non-empty CDR, but reads
silver CDs without a problem.

I put the 4020 out of the box for measurement and used another PC
powersupply for testing. The 4020, works.

I put it back in the computer and it only read CDs. I take my
voltagemeter and saw that the 5V line of my powersupply was only 4.9V!
I replaced the powersupply in the computer and the 4020i works now
okay!

I think the 4020 is _very_ sensitive for correkt power!

Olaf

--
D.i.e.s.S. (K.)

1. help!:HP 4020i doesn't want to read cds that were burned by itself

Dear Sir:

    This problem just happened today, after running a neural-net program
for 13 days (13 days, 24 hours a day) I turn off my pc, yesterday.
Today, after I turn on my PC, hp 4020i doesn't recognized the CD that was
burned by itself. This CDs could be read by 4020i befor, (at least 13 days
ago) and still can be read by my other CD-ROM, but not the HP.
    CDs I bought from software company, like Win95, Borland C  and the audio
CDs can be recognized and read fine. I even tried to put a blank CD in the
CDR, it was recgonized well, and I can write data to the blank CD, I did that,
write 606 MB junks to that blank just want to see can the CDR still write. It
succeed but cannot finalized the CDR. I got an error said CD-disk is full, I
guess the COT is too big. At this stage, the CD hasn't been finalized,
strangely, HP
recgonized this disk, but then I finalized it by Jeff's finalized program, the
cd was finalized, then it was not recognized by HP 4020i.

   I tried to use easy-cd 95 to check the CD, an error message pop out said

"
error reading the table of containt, or program memory area from
the cd (code 210-00-57-00).
"
 I remember I saw this before. Can someone kindly help me?

Think in Advance.

Chen-Yuan Wu

2. Putting Greater Than symbols ">" in my html docs

3. HP SureStore 4020i & reading burned disks

4. [Fwd: Thread problem in XS code on Linux]

5. HP 7200i Problem: Burns cd-rw OK but not cd-r -- WHY????

6. QA Automation Tester !! Wilmington, DE (LOCAL OR NEAR BY) !! 6+ Months

7. HP 7100i Problem: Burns cd-rw OK but not cd-r -- WHY????

8. Automatically log off users when login time expires

9. How many CDs can the HP burn before the HP is all burned out ???

10. Which brand = OK for 4 speed HP 8100i burning?

11. HP 4020i fail to mount some burned CD