Forgot to finalize Audio/Music CD-R: Solutions/Possibilities?

Forgot to finalize Audio/Music CD-R: Solutions/Possibilities?

Post by Antiet » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 23:31:18

Hi,

I have a standalone Sony CD-R machine (not meant for a computer
hookup).  To record a radio show that I like, I tune a radio to the
station, and the radio in turn is plugged into the Sony machine.
The proper way to finalize is to press "Finalize," wait for the
readout to say "Finalize?" and then answer "Yes" to the question by
pressing a "Yes" button.
For some reason, someone else decided to push "Finalize" but press
"Play" instead of "Yes."  This resulted in an error message.  I
quickly ejected the CD.  It doesn't play either on my computer or a CD
machine, and the readout reads 0:00:00 when I put it back in.
I've called some data recovery places, and they all say they can
handle this problem (it's a Memorex Audio CD-R), by the way.  Trouble
is that they're rather pricey.  Has anyone run into this before and
does anyone have any ideas before I send it off?  I'm thinking of just
re-finalizing, but I'm worried that'll wipe out even more data.

Thanks.