SONY

Post by JIMMIE WHITAKE » Sat, 27 Apr 2002 12:15:52

I just installed a sony crx175a2/c1, which is really an e2.  It writes to a
cd just fine.  However, if I click on a large file on the cd that was backed
up, and copy it to the hard disk, while copying, it's extra loud.  I know
the faster drives are louder, but this is not a steady tone.  It's erratic,
and the tone, noise level changes.  I put the same cd in two other
computers, and the drives were louder being high speed, but the level of
noise was steady.  Any one else ran across this on a 40x read? Please
advise.  Other than this, all else is fine.  I'm afraid if I exchange it, I
might get an ever louder sony.
P.S. Also, after copying a very large file (500 meg zip backup), is it
normal for the cd to feel slightly warm to the touch?

SONY

Post by Splitskul » Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:44:44

I'm not sure about the noise. The CD to be a little warm? Yes that's normal.
U should feel a DVD at the end of the movie :-)

Quote:> I just installed a sony crx175a2/c1, which is really an e2.  It writes to