Roxio is a LIAR (sparing)(iii)

Post by smh » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 15:01:33

.             ------------------------------
              Roxio is a LIAR (sparing)(iii)
              ------------------------------

           DirectCD for Windows Technical FAQs
   http://www.roxio.com/en/support/dcdwin/dcdwinfaqs.html

        " In practical terms, you will probably
               never wear out a CD-RW disc.     "

The above is a LIE, according to none other than a cRoxio Shill:

======================
From:    Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Subject: Re: Packet writing software for Windows XP
Date:    8/13/02

The effective lifetime of the disc is better measured in ejections than
in erase cycles.

Despite specification numbers of the order of a thousand cycles,
experience has suggested a practical limit at least an order of
magnitude less.
=====================

With a Shill like this, cRoxio doesn't need any critics!

                --------------------------
                cRoxio, Eat Your Heart Out !!!
                --------------------------

Roxio is a LIAR (sparing)(iii)

Post by tedc.. » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 03:59:35

The important thing to remember is that Mike Richter is PERSONALLY
RESPONSIBLE for all of the problems with Roxio software because he was a
beta tester and because he incorrectly answered questions about it SEVERAL
TIMES.

That the software in question has been out of production for a year, or
that Mr Richter has been provided much good advice should not dim our
vision. Nail him.

-tc

Roxio is a LIAR (sparing)(iii)

Post by smh » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 03:22:04

>               ------------------------------
>               Roxio is a LIAR (sparing)(iii)
>               ------------------------------

>            DirectCD for Windows Technical FAQs
>    http://www.roxio.com/en/support/dcdwin/dcdwinfaqs.html

>         " In practical terms, you will probably
>                never wear out a CD-RW disc.     "

> The above is a LIE, according to none other than a cRoxio Shill:

> ======================
> From:    Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
> Subject: Re: Packet writing software for Windows XP
> Date:    8/13/02

> The effective lifetime of the disc is better measured in ejections than
> in erase cycles.

> Despite specification numbers of the order of a thousand cycles,
> experience has suggested a practical limit at least an order of
> magnitude less.
> =====================

> That the software in question has been out of production for a year

DirectCD 6, aka Drag-to-Disc, has been out of production for a year?

Do you suppose DirectCD 6 no longer use SPARING technology?

1. Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iii)

.        -----------------------------------------------
         Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iii)

[ Why does DirectCD use SPARING technique?  Why the bother, Mikey? ]

From:    smh
Date:    8/13/02

Do you know more than cRoxio?

DirectCD for Windows Technical FAQs
http://www.roxio.com/en/support/dcdwin/dcdwinfaqs.html

      " In practical terms, you will probably
            never wear out a CD-RW disc. "

Q. I know that CD-RW discs are good for approximately 1000 formats or
erasures.  Since DirectCD 2.x will let me delete individual files and
recover that space on the disc for immediate use (random erase) does
that mean that the disc is only good for up to 1000 file deletes?  Or is
it 1000 full formats of the entire disc?

A. DirectCD has built-in features to increase the longevity of your
CD-RW media.  Any particular spot on on a CD-RW disc can be erased and
rewritten about 1000 times (soon to be improved to 10,000).  After that,
that particular spot becomes unusable.  However, DirectCD is designed
not always to write in the first available space on the disc, so you
won't be erasing and rewriting to the same physical location over and
over.  If a spot should get "burned out", DirectCD can mark it
"unusable" and work around it (much the way bad sectors are managed on a
hard disk).  In practical terms, you will probably never wear out a
CD-RW disc.

[ Mikey, should you not have cRoxio rewrite the above? ]

            ----------------------------
            Mikey, you are a Lying Scum!
            ----------------------------

2. cant eind jpgs

3. Roxio is a LIAR (sparing)(vi)

4. Implications of Win95 compat. and OS/2 apps

5. Roxio is a LIAR (sparing)(v)

6. Hiding Lines in C++ mode

7. Roxio is a LIAR (sparing)(iv)

8. 8021 and 8032 events on client