cdrecord software

Post by David Michael » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 13:32:40

Hi,

Can someone please recomend a good front end for cdrecord and mkisofs

Thanks
dm

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

cdrecord software

Post by $ » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 04:00:00

What 'EXACTLY' are you asking?? Do you want recommendations for a CD
Recorder?

--
Brian S. Graham Entertainment
Spam-Haters reply to: dj at knoxvillewedding dot com

cdrecord software

Post by Bart Lagerwe » Sat, 16 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,

>Can someone please recomend a good front end for cdrecord and mkisofs

Don't know of any such thing, don't think there is one.

Need examples?

--
Bart Lagerweij - Computer Technology Systems - http://www.cts-bv.nl
(Please reply to the group)

cdrecord software

Post by David Michael » Mon, 18 Sep 2000 14:21:22

Hi
cdrecord and mkisofs (make iso file system) are "the" command line
programs used on unix and linux systems like redhat and Sun to make
disks. An exapmle of a front end would be x-cd-roast. cdrecord is
capable of coppying disks that windows can't. I've actually owned many
cd writers and loved them all I use them mostly in windows but I often
copy disk that aren't compatible with ms windows. in windows I use NTI
or Nero. I really need one for unix and x-cd is really only for linux.

Post by Marc van Liero » Mon, 18 Sep 2000 04:00:00

>What 'EXACTLY' are you asking?? Do you want recommendations for a CD
>Recorder?

Just what he said.
recommendation to a good FRONT END for the software/application
cdrecord and mkisofs.

See CD-R faq: Subject: [6-1-20] J?rg Schilling - cdrecord
and Subject: [6-1-40] Thomas Niederreiter - X-CD-Roast

Platforms supported: UNIX (Linux)
See
http://www.fh-muenchen.de/home/ze/rz/services/projects/xcdroast/e_ove...

This is a Tcl/Tk/Tix front-end for mkisofs and cdrecord.

>> Can someone please recomend a good front end for cdrecord and mkisofs

cdrecord software

Post by Marc van Liero » Mon, 18 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>cd writers and loved them all I use them mostly in windows but I often
>copy disk that aren't compatible with ms windows. in windows I use NTI

backup'ing disks can be done on windows systems, just readtrack them
and write it back. When doing a readtrack, it won't care which
filesystem is on it. You can backup UNIX CD's like this with no
problem.

There are more CD-R applications for UNIX on the market. They are only
a bit more expensive then for a mass OS like windows.

visit www.gearcdr.com for one of those existing (for ages) products.

Cheers,
<<marc>>, Ex-Elektrosonner :-)

1. xcdroast/cdrecord newbie question

Subject:
              xcdroast/cdrecord newbie problem
        Date:
Hi,

I'm using xcdroast 0.98 alpha 7 (cdrecord 1.9) on a SunUltra1
with Solaris 7. I'm using a USCSI connection from it to a Philips
CDD522 (yes I know its a dinosaur but it is supported) and an
extra hard-drive (FUJITSU-M2954ESP).

My problem is that when I run xcdroast it cannot detect the
cd recorder, but it does detect the extra hard drive. I've
done a probe-scsi-all and it picks up both no problem, yet
when I do a cdrecord -scanbus it only picks up the extra hard
disk. I've tried changing the order of the cdr and the extra
hard disk on the chain but it makes no difference.

There are four dip switches at the back, and I've tried all
sixteen different combinations without any success.

Anyone got any ideas??

Thanks,

/SK

2. need help

3. YAMAHA 8824S and cdrecord?

4. OS2 Security Software

5. Plexrot RW 4220 with cdrecord on solaris 2.6

6. R4000 vs PowerPC

7. Ricoh 6200 problem w/ cdrecord/linux

8. Help/Looking For

9. Buffer underflow w/ cdrecord on a Yamaha 2200e

10. cdrecord: trouble reading a multisession CD-R

11. CD-Extra: Building second session without having the first one (or: cdrecord -msinfo for Macintosh?)

12. cdrecord/EZCD append audio differently

13. Q: cdrecord 1.8a15 & mkisofs 1.12 multisession problem