need help with EZCD creator deluxe...PLEASE

need help with EZCD creator deluxe...PLEASE

Post by jimmy selle » Thu, 25 Mar 1999 04:00:00

hey all-
 i started experiencing a problem with my EZCD creator last night. i
am using a plexwriter 8/20.  i was hopeing that i could get some help
from you guys here. i had a set of cd tracks on the hard drive. i went
to burn a cd of them, and it started just fine. it wrote the table of
contents, and got about 30 seconds to a minute into the recording and
just stopped. it didnt freeze up, it still said it was recording, but
wasnt making any progress. still showed that same amount of time left,
and the bytes to be written wasnt dropping, but the little cd was
still spinning, and i still could use the computer, so it wasnt froze
up(which it does do sometimes). i tried it 3 times, with 3 different
sets of tracks, restarted before each time, and ended up with 3 more
coasters. any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanx in advance,
jimmy

need help with EZCD creator deluxe...PLEASE

Post by Mike Richte » Thu, 25 Mar 1999 04:00:00

You can get something of this sort if your SCSI adapter has been
fouled up by 'something' (no, I don't know what). I suggest that you
try powering down (not just rebooting) and trying from there.

It would help if you reported the results of a test as well as the
results of the burn. For example, if the test goes well and the burn
fails as you describe, I would suspect the medium. If the test fails
that way, you have not only saved the disc but also learned
something of value for diagnosis.

Mike

--

http://mrichter.simplenet.com
CD-R http://resource.simplenet.com

need help with EZCD creator deluxe...PLEASE

Post by jimmy selle » Fri, 26 Mar 1999 04:00:00

mike-
thanx for replying. i did the power off each time, and i tried again
last night, i thought letting to computer sit for a day and think
about what it had done might fix it...yeah right. i finally did
realize last night to try the test first, so as not to waste a cd. do
you have any other suggestions. you thought it might be a scsi
problem. maybe unhook the other 2 devices i have to the card?
thanx for replying,
jimmy

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999 20:51:08 -0800, Mike Richter

>You can get something of this sort if your SCSI adapter has been
>fouled up by 'something' (no, I don't know what). I suggest that you
>try powering down (not just rebooting) and trying from there.

>It would help if you reported the results of a test as well as the
>results of the burn. For example, if the test goes well and the burn
>fails as you describe, I would suspect the medium. If the test fails
>that way, you have not only saved the disc but also learned
>something of value for diagnosis.

>Mike

>> hey all-
>>  i started experiencing a problem with my EZCD creator last night. i
>> am using a plexwriter 8/20.  i was hopeing that i could get some help
>> from you guys here. i had a set of cd tracks on the hard drive. i went
>> to burn a cd of them, and it started just fine. it wrote the table of
>> contents, and got about 30 seconds to a minute into the recording and
>> just stopped. it didnt freeze up, it still said it was recording, but
>> wasnt making any progress. still showed that same amount of time left,
>> and the bytes to be written wasnt dropping, but the little cd was
>> still spinning, and i still could use the computer, so it wasnt froze
>> up(which it does do sometimes). i tried it 3 times, with 3 different
>> sets of tracks, restarted before each time, and ended up with 3 more
>> coasters. any help would be greatly appreciated.
>> thanx in advance,
>> jimmy

>--

>http://mrichter.simplenet.com
>CD-R http://resource.simplenet.com

need help with EZCD creator deluxe...PLEASE

Post by jimmy selle » Fri, 26 Mar 1999 04:00:00

p.s. i also just wanted to add, that it made a data cd from an image
file last night just fine. go figure, only haveing problems with
audio.

Post by Mike Richte » Fri, 26 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> mike-
> thanx for replying. i did the power off each time, and i tried again
> last night, i thought letting to computer sit for a day and think
> about what it had done might fix it...yeah right. i finally did
> realize last night to try the test first, so as not to waste a cd. do
> you have any other suggestions. you thought it might be a scsi
> problem. maybe unhook the other 2 devices i have to the card?
> thanx for replying,
> jimmy

In most cases, SCSI problems occur when external devices are badly
cabled or when termination is incorrect. I can't be more explicit,
but will recommend that you disconnect everything practical, verify
connections and terminations and try again.

But what happened on the test? Did it succeed?

Mike

Post by Mike Engle » Tue, 06 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> hey all-
>  i started experiencing a problem with my EZCD creator last night. i
> am using a plexwriter 8/20.  i was hopeing that i could get some help
> from you guys here. i had a set of cd tracks on the hard drive. i went
> to burn a cd of them, and it started just fine. it wrote the table of
> contents, and got about 30 seconds to a minute into the recording and
> just stopped. it didnt freeze up, it still said it was recording, but
> wasnt making any progress. still showed that same amount of time left,
> and the bytes to be written wasnt dropping, but the little cd was
> still spinning, and i still could use the computer, so it wasnt froze
> up(which it does do sometimes). i tried it 3 times, with 3 different
> sets of tracks, restarted before each time, and ended up with 3 more
> coasters. any help would be greatly appreciated.
> thanx in advance,
> jimmy

Hello

I had a similar problem. The original test was good.
The writer wrote one file of 84 and then wrote table of contents. This
one file was readable. The others were not. I deleted the written file
from the list and restarted the writer with import previous.
This time every thing was O.K. Try seeing if any of the files are
readable, then import those and add the new ones.

Mike Engles

Post by Mike Engle » Wed, 07 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> > mike-
> > thanx for replying. i did the power off each time, and i tried again
> > last night, i thought letting to computer sit for a day and think
> > about what it had done might fix it...yeah right. i finally did
> > realize last night to try the test first, so as not to waste a cd. do
> > you have any other suggestions. you thought it might be a scsi
> > problem. maybe unhook the other 2 devices i have to the card?
> > thanx for replying,
> > jimmy

> In most cases, SCSI problems occur when external devices are badly
> cabled or when termination is incorrect. I can't be more explicit,
> but will recommend that you disconnect everything practical, verify
> connections and terminations and try again.

> But what happened on the test? Did it succeed?

> Mike

> http://mrichter.simplenet.com
> CD-R http://resource.simplenet.com

Hello

The writer is a internal Philips 3600  The test was O.K. When it started
to write it only wrote one file and wrote a TOC. The errors were ASPI
2171 I think. I then rewrote while just importing the first file and
deleting it fron the list in CDCreator. The result was fine.
I have written 5 disks and several times to a rewitable using both
DirectCd and EasyCD. Both the latest versions. My ASPI is also the
latest. I have the drive on the inside and two scanners on the outside.
The drive is terminated and so is the last scanner. The card is a
Adaptec 2940 basic. I have set the card as indicated by the adaptec
site.

Mike Engles

need help with EZCD creator deluxe...PLEASE

Post by DuboLan » Thu, 08 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Plex SAV recognizes that there is a problem between their burners and Ezcd.
Adaptec SAV recognizes it too.
One solution is to set a letter for each drive definitely under you system
properties.

--

Cordialement

> > hey all-
> >  i started experiencing a problem with my EZCD creator last night. i
> > am using a plexwriter 8/20.  i was hopeing that i could get some help
> > from you guys here. i had a set of cd tracks on the hard drive. i went
> > to burn a cd of them, and it started just fine. it wrote the table of
> > contents, and got about 30 seconds to a minute into the recording and
> > just stopped. it didnt freeze up, it still said it was recording, but
> > wasnt making any progress. still showed that same amount of time left,
> > and the bytes to be written wasnt dropping, but the little cd was
> > still spinning, and i still could use the computer, so it wasnt froze
> > up(which it does do sometimes). i tried it 3 times, with 3 different
> > sets of tracks, restarted before each time, and ended up with 3 more
> > coasters. any help would be greatly appreciated.
> > thanx in advance,
> > jimmy

> Hello

> I had a similar problem. The original test was good.
> The writer wrote one file of 84 and then wrote table of contents. This
> one file was readable. The others were not. I deleted the written file
> from the list and restarted the writer with import previous.
> This time every thing was O.K. Try seeing if any of the files are
> readable, then import those and add the new ones.

> Mike Engles

1. Adaptec EZCD Creator Deluxe and Sony CDU-928E Instant buffer underrun after format...PLEASE HELP!!

After doing my usual periodic reformat, I tried to burn some new stuff
with EZCD... As soon as it started, be it a blank cd or a new session,
test track or actual burn, it would show 100% on the buffer, then
instantly start writing the TOC. It would produce the following
errors:
T0100: I/O error (06/C5/00) - Write error - buffer underrun occurred
T0100: I/O error (03/0C/00) - Write error
T7127: TrackWriter error - Flush failed
T7118: TrackWriter error - Command retry failed
D0100: I/O error (05/89/00) - sense code 0x89
I couldn't find any clues about the last message...

I tried big files, small files. I tried 1x and 2x.
I tried to uninstall reinstall the same version, I tried a newer
v.3.01, an older 3.01-even 3.5a--no luck.
Well, needless to say, I started getting withdrawal shakes...
I have a Sony IDE CDU928E, so I broke down and called Tech Support.
One of the first questions they asked was "which software came with
your drive?".  I frantically reinstalled their relatively featureless
"CD-Right!" software while he was asking questions, not thinking this
would solve the problem, more to placate the tech...
Lo and behold, this software works fine?!?!?
I ran a test, even burnt a full cd.
The problem with the Sony software, it isn't multisession, and the
disk space available isn't even accurate (swell).
Running Win98 BTW. I also uninstalled/reinstalled older ASPI drivers,
played with the
busmastering, no help!
I even reformatted again, and OH! It worked for 3 days, then
dropped right out again!!
The thing that kills me, it was working beautifully prior to
reformatting.
Any help would be GREATLY, GREATLY appreciated!
TIA,

---?zR?L

2. AGA graphics on 2K, 3K?

3. What is the diff between EZCD pro, EZCD creator and EZCD deluxe?

4. !Firewall? Zone Alarm & Black Ice can't be trusted - which, then?

5. Help with Adaptec EZCD Creator Deluxe 3.5a's CD Spine Doctor

6. Utility to make SS complete??

7. Advice NEED from Ricoh 6201s users only please with Easy CD Creator Deluxe Edition

8. Getting Date/Time of Web/FTP Files

9. Please help, problem copying cd with EZCD Creator

10. Issue with Windows 2000, Adaptec 29160 with Adaptec EZCD Creator Deluxe 4.02 and Ricoh 7040S Burner

11. Plextor 40x and EZCD Creator Deluxe!

12. Adaptec EZCD Creator deluxe 3.01 and 63 min blanks

13. EZCD Creator Deluxe Buffer Monitor?