Protection?

Post by Marc » Wed, 13 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Does the win98 CD have some sort of copy protection? I keep making coasters.
I have a Ricoh 1200a and a panasonic 32x.

Protection?

Post by Marc » Wed, 13 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Oh ya i forgot to mention from the times i've tried, it can sometimes write
to a CD-RW but never to a CD-R

>Does the win98 CD have some sort of copy protection? I keep making
coasters.
>I have a Ricoh 1200a and a panasonic 32x.

Protection?

Post by d.. » Thu, 14 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Does the win98 CD have some sort of copy protection? I keep making coasters.
>I have a Ricoh 1200a and a panasonic 32x.

I just made my first coaster trying the same thing, I haven't tried
using a cd-rw. Hope someone can shed some light on this.......

Protection?

Post by STD DIAL » Thu, 14 Jan 1999 04:00:00

: Does the win98 CD have some sort of copy protection? I keep making coasters.
: I have a Ricoh 1200a and a panasonic 32x.

What kind of coasters.

Protection?

Post by Marc » Thu, 14 Jan 1999 04:00:00

What i figured out but i don't know why, is to make an image then copy that
to the burner

>: Does the win98 CD have some sort of copy protection? I keep making
coasters.
>: I have a Ricoh 1200a and a panasonic 32x.

>What kind of coasters.

Protection?

Post by Harry Samu » Fri, 15 Jan 1999 04:00:00

no copy protection.

>Oh ya i forgot to mention from the times i've tried, it can sometimes write
>to a CD-RW but never to a CD-R

>>Does the win98 CD have some sort of copy protection? I keep making
>coasters.
>>I have a Ricoh 1200a and a panasonic 32x.

1. Kenwood True-X + DMA = all games using copy protection lock up

anyone seen this? I know that in the past, I had serious problems with
Diablo2 and its expansion. I updated the firmware but if I check DMA
for the cd-rom properties, then any game that does a CD-in-drive
verification or uses cd copy protection will lock up (or runs the
system so slow it appears to lock up) immediately after a quick check
of the CD and display of that game's "title window"

If I uncheck DMA and reboot, everything works fine. I was told that
unchecking DMA would seriously impair my system's performance and
wanted to know if this was just a flaw with the True-X model that I
have or if I should dump it for another brand.

2. EZ-CD "PRO" 95 finally released (& in stock)

3. help please "copy protection bit not supported"?

4. Win2K boot failure

5. how to copy cd with laserlok protection?

6. feature wanted: detect missing 'const'

7. CD-Protection Complaint Is Settled

8. Contour Program for R12, R13

9. Copy Protection - Music CD's

10. Playstation Boot Protection Scheme

11. psx protection??????

12. Microsoft adopted new copy-protection???

13. Copy Protection -- New?