FS: 100x CDROM drive w/soundcard

Post by Christopher A. Ki » Fri, 21 Jan 2000 04:00:00

says...

Quote:>What the heck kind is it?  I have never heard of a 100x CD-ROM!!!  I
>would be very skeptical about this.  The fastest CD-ROM to date is
>the Kenwood 72x so far!!

At the very least, use of proper safety equipment would be a must, and
don't forget hearing protection... :^)

Seriously, though, I've seen no-name 100X IDE drives at trade shows in
the past.  They seem to have disappeared, now that no one can apparently
be fooled by such ridiculous marketing tactics any longer (though folks
are probably still getting suckered by speaker output power claims).

C.K.

1. Systex 100x CDROM drive?

Most probably this is a software solution that copies the CD-ROM to the
hard drive. With the ever-decreasing price of the hard drive this is great
in theory, but it still requires oodles of time to copy the contents of the
CD-ROM to the hard drive and there are very very programs on CD that
require THAT high throughput and that low access time.

        Blackrobe
--
Robert R. Ballecer Jr., SJ
"The Original Technoweenie!"

2. Multihomed w/BGP + static route??

3. Help: Can't set up my cdrom drive to work with my soundcard

4. VXT 2000 X terminal: user-level authentication?

5. connecting two cdrom drives to a soundcard

6. Beware Verisign's advanced managed DNS service

7. Anyone tried that new 100x CD Rom drive?

8. Problem/Question with input description strings

9. of Soundcard and CDROM-Drive

10. Help: can't set up my cdrom drive via my soundcard.

11. FS: MATSUSHITA/PANASONIC CR588 IDE CDROM DRIVE

12. FS: cdrom single drive chassis extras

13. FS: MATSUSHITA/PANASONIC CR588 IDE CDROM DRIVE