CDD 2000 problem

Post by Jens Kleinschmid » Fri, 29 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

i have the following problem with my Philips CDD 2000/00
Rev. v1.26 :

sometimes i can burn a cd without any problem
then i want to burn an other cd then my windows 95 crashes.
i can only turn off my computer and boot him to continue
with my work.

i use :

ASUS HX Board
Adaptec 2940 UW SCSI
Quantum Atlas HD
under Windows 95
with CeQuadrat WinOnCD ToGo! 3.0

please, please help me

i kicked 12 cd-r into the trash!!!

Thank you

CDD 2000 problem

Post by Jef Colli » Sat, 30 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> Hi,

> i have the following problem with my Philips CDD 2000/00
> Rev. v1.26 :

> sometimes i can burn a cd without any problem
> then i want to burn an other cd then my windows 95 crashes.
> i can only turn off my computer and boot him to continue
> with my work.

> i use :

> ASUS HX Board
> Adaptec 2940 UW SCSI
> Quantum Atlas HD
> under Windows 95
> with CeQuadrat WinOnCD ToGo! 3.0

> please, please help me

> i kicked 12 cd-r into the trash!!!

> Thank you

There should be an option in W95 that resets the CDD2000 in case the
drive is not responding after a while.
For example during fixation.
So if thats your problem, check out the options.
Sorry, don't use W95 myself so i cant point where to set it.

Jef

CDD 2000 problem

Post by zoal.. » Sun, 01 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>Hi,

>i have the following problem with my Philips CDD 2000/00
>Rev. v1.26 :

>sometimes i can burn a cd without any problem
>then i want to burn an other cd then my windows 95 crashes.
>i can only turn off my computer and boot him to continue
>with my work.

>i use :

>ASUS HX Board

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you have Windows95 retail (nor OEM nor OSR2)
.. go to Intel site and get PIIX3 patch driver...

Quote:>Adaptec 2940 UW SCSI

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Update flash firmware bios and get latest
drivers and latest ASPI32 for Windows95

Quote:>Quantum Atlas HD
>under Windows 95
>with CeQuadrat WinOnCD ToGo! 3.0

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Go to a better program.. buy EasyCD Pro 95 ..

>please, please help me

>i kicked 12 cd-r into the trash!!!

>Thank you

1. Lot of CDD-2000 problems. Help!

Ciao All!

I have a lot of problems with my Philips CDD-2000.

First of all, I can't use Easy CD PRO to burn any disk: the writing process
ends successfully, but there a lot of corrupted files on the disk. A guy
suggested me to lower the DMA speed of my Advansys ISA controller, but the
problems didn't disappear.
So I dropped Easy CD Pro and tried with Snapshot/DAO. Everything works very
well, except for a fact: the burned disks can't be read by the CDD-2000.
Sometimes they can be read by the 8x IDE CD-ROM of the same PC, sometimes not.
It happened that both the CDD-2000 and the 8x CD-ROM could not read a
succesfully burned disk,  while 2 other 2x cd-rom mounted on 2 different PCs
could read it well.

Ciao!

Teo <--

2. new release of TornadoSh for Linux

3. CDD 2000 problems.

4. fix AD problem

5. Cdd 2000 problem Please help me.

6. performance of joins

7. Easy-CD Pro 95 & Philips CDD 2000 problem

8. Managing Files and Directories on a WebServer

9. Cdd-2000 Problems

10. Philips CDD 2000 problem

11. cdd 520 /cdd 2000

12. Problems with CDD 2000