Program Startup

Post by Han » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 07:30:44

How can I prevent a program from starting when I start winxp. The
program in Nero's InCD and is not in the Program\Startup Directory.
Whenever I switch users, the PC crashes as it can't have two instances
of the program running.

Cheers

Hani

Program Startup

Post by GSV Three Minds in a Ca » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 08:53:44

Quote:>How can I prevent a program from starting when I start winxp. The
>program in Nero's InCD and is not in the Program\Startup Directory.
>Whenever I switch users, the PC crashes as it can't have two instances
>of the program running.

start, run, msconfig, check the startup tab - it's probably in one of
the 'run' keys in the registry. If you can't find it that way, come back
and we'll tell you some more places they could have hidden it.

--
GSV   Three Minds in a Can

1. HELP: need "startup" program for CD ROM

I am burning in my own CD ROMs with my own PowerPoint program and would
like to distribute them to others. I would like some type of basic
"startup" or "setup" program so the instruction would say, "click on
start, click on run, then type D:setup.." And then the program would:

1.  go to the CD ROM on the d: drive.
2.  open the PowerPoint viewer that I have on the CD
3.  and/or start my PowerPoint program if they already have PowerPoint on
their computer.

Can anyone help me with this. Seems like some basic DOS programming but I
know nothing about this type of stuff. I dont necessary want to create a
directory on their hard drive or move my programs to their hard drive I
just want to let them run my programs as simply as possible.

Sorry if this is the wrong NG for this type of message. If it is then
point me to the door and then in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for your time.

2. FS: Phoenix dual floppy drive

3. how to making (or programming ) a CD autorun program?

4. C# problem encountered increating a file

5. Found a free program to shut down windows programs

6. Question regarding rvalue

7. nero, cdrwin slow startup

8. No X at all???

9. Non-Fatal Exception 0D at Startup

10. (newbie)start-up menu on CD-R?

11. Help-Plextor Ultraplex 40Max SCSI Int- Start-up Clicking Noise -Normal?

12. noisy 7502 at startup

13. Problem Connecting HP7110e at Startup