Pioneer 16X slot DVD-ROM..This thing is noisy.

Pioneer 16X slot DVD-ROM..This thing is noisy.

Post by Freema » Sat, 05 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi All,

I have used a 10X Pioneer Slot Drive DVD-ROM for about 6 months. I decided
to get a 16X for the faster CD-ROM speed. First thing that I noticed is that
it is annoyingly loud. I'm not talking about vibrations, but about the spin
motors. They are very high pitch and loud.

Anyone else have one of these and think it is too loud?

Thanks

--

Freeman Cooley

Pioneer 16X slot DVD-ROM..This thing is noisy.

Post by A1c3e5g7 » Mon, 07 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

>Hi All,

>I have used a 10X Pioneer Slot Drive DVD-ROM for about 6 months. I decided
>to get a 16X for the faster CD-ROM speed. First thing that I noticed is that
>it is annoyingly loud. I'm not talking about vibrations, but about the spin
>motors. They are very high pitch and loud.

>Anyone else have one of these and think it is too loud?

>Thanks

>--

I have have a 10x Pioneer tray DVD drive, that I have used for about 8 months
and it is very quite. And like you I got a 16x, again the Pioneer tray style.
Yes, I will say the sucker is much louder then the 10x is. Just play the
music/soundtrack louder... LOL

Frank

Pioneer 16X slot DVD-ROM..This thing is noisy.

Post by Freema » Mon, 07 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I'm thinking of putting my 10X back in just because the speed increase is
not worth the loud noise in my opinion. I do like the slot loading option
that Pioneer gives us and will not use another CD-ROM drive after having a
slot loading drive.

--

Freeman Cooley

: >
: >Hi All,
: >
: >I have used a 10X Pioneer Slot Drive DVD-ROM for about 6 months. I
decided
: >to get a 16X for the faster CD-ROM speed. First thing that I noticed is
that
: >it is annoyingly loud. I'm not talking about vibrations, but about the
spin
: >motors. They are very high pitch and loud.
: >
: >Anyone else have one of these and think it is too loud?
: >
: >Thanks
: >
: >--
:
: I have have a 10x Pioneer tray DVD drive, that I have used for about 8
months
: and it is very quite. And like you I got a 16x, again the Pioneer tray
style.
: Yes, I will say the sucker is much louder then the 10x is. Just play the
: music/soundtrack louder... LOL
:
: Frank
:

1. Pioneer Slot-load CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, CDR discontinued?

Hi,

It seems the slot-loading 36X Pioneer IDE CDROM is being discontinued? I'm
in Australia and can't seem to find it anyway. I love the slot-in
mechanism.. there's a 40X Tray load model but i can't go back to tray load
now.

Can someone outside Australia please confirm that the Pioneer slot-load
laser computer products (and more specifically the CDROM) is still in
production? And if it's being discontinued why have Pioneer moved to tray
load? (troublesome mechanism???)

If it's still in full production outside my country i might just import it.

Thanks,
Thanh

2. HP CDE on Windows 95

3. Pioneer 16x SCSI dvd-rom drive?

4. Mac Spectacle 1.4.6

5. DAE speed for Pioneer 16x DVD-ROM Drive

6. Dos command to find out how many drives are in the system?

7. My Pioneer 24X slot in noisy even when IDLE ?!

8. Preview Images Gone Again !!

9. Can't play DVD's with a Pioneer DVD-104 Slot-in

10. Pioneer DVD 10X noisy when reading cd-roms?

11. SLOT of TRAY loading DVD-ROM?

12. EPO 16X DVD ROM - Windows doesn't recognize that DVD is in drive