Adaptec Direct CD Problem - Copying from CD-RW to hard drive - ALL CAPITOL LETTERS

Adaptec Direct CD Problem - Copying from CD-RW to hard drive - ALL CAPITOL LETTERS

Post by Mark Davi » Tue, 14 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I am using Direct CD 3.01a S4 with Win98 SE.  When I copy files from a
CD-RW to my hard drive, the file names are all changed to CAPITOL
LETTERS (no I am not yelling <grin>).  I do not have a tick in the
Win98 file settings that allows all capitols.

If I copy a series of folders to the hard drive, the folder names are
changed to  ALL CAPITOLS.

Has anyone seen this, and could suggest a fix.

Thanks very much,

Mark.

Adaptec Direct CD Problem - Copying from CD-RW to hard drive - ALL CAPITOL LETTERS

Post by Mark Davi » Wed, 15 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Replying to myself.....  :-(

I have this problem on three separate systems.  Has no one out there
has ever had this problem????  I am new to this newgroup, and maybe
this topic has already been beaten to death????

Please help,

Thanks,

Mark.

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000 23:12:56 GMT, Mark Davis

>I am using Direct CD 3.01a S4 with Win98 SE.  When I copy files from a
>CD-RW to my hard drive, the file names are all changed to CAPITOL
>LETTERS (no I am not yelling <grin>).  I do not have a tick in the
>Win98 file settings that allows all capitols.

>If I copy a series of folders to the hard drive, the folder names are
>changed to  ALL CAPITOLS.

>Has anyone seen this, and could suggest a fix.

>Thanks very much,

>Mark.

1. Direct CD causes ||ALL CAPITAL LETTERS|| when copying!

Hello!

I have an HP8200i and and Adaptec Easy CD 3.5c and the latest Direct
CD version both of which I obtained from the Adaptec site. I installed
the UDF patch too on the advice of HP.

Now ........ when using Windows Explorer and I copy files to the CD
the upper and lower case letters are kept as I have them. But when I
move files back to the HD from the CD, the folder names and the file
within all appear in capital letters!!!

I don't see any reason why I should have to constantly retype entire
folder and content files to get them to appear as they were
originally!

In addition to that annoyance, I get "phantom folders" that appear
UNDER the "E" drive ( the CD/ RW ) in Windows Explorer! These icons
have the letter "W" on them and of course clicking on them does
nothing but show a " Folder does not exist or has been moved" error
box. If I hit F5 I can make them disappear .......... sheeeeesh!!!

This thing is haunted!!!!!!

HP says it is a problem with the Direct CD software and the upgrades I
installed "should" have worked.

I should mention too that on the secondary IDE I do have a Zip Drive
as the slave, and no Iomega software is installed, just the drive
itself.

The machine is a 550 Athlon with 256MB SDRAM and an ATI Rage video
card.

I would really like to try EZ CD 4.0x but this minor stuff I
experience scares me, plus the fact I saw a version of 4.01 that Spin
Doctor didn't allow a preview of the changes to the original to be
heard. I have a lot of vinyl that needs to be on CD, but maybe this
isn't the best software to use?

Thanks !

2. DOS install problem

3. CD-R & CD-RW drive letters moved...

4. How can I adjust the Search Results View in a Notes Database?

5. Need Help Finding a Good Backup Utility for my Hard Drive onto my CD-RW drive

6. new Leviton switches

7. Adaptec Direct CD and Smart & Friendly CD-RW 226

8. memory

9. cd-rw drive letter

10. CD-RW Installation help - Drive letter assigned

11. Does Ricoh CD-RW appear as a normal drive letter in DOS/Win/Win95?

12. Backup Hard Drive to CD-RW or CD-R?

13. Help buying CD-R, CD-RW, SCSI card, and hard drive