Easy CD Pro Win 95 -Upgrade problem

Post by Coli » Thu, 01 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I am trying to upgrade my Easy CD Pro win 95 by using the software
provided on the Adaptec WEB page, however when I run the Wizard it
claims that I do not have a full version of Easy CD pro installed. I
have tried to reinstall Easy CD Pro but the problem is the same. My
version of Easy CD pro is 2.0. Can anybody help !!

--
Colin

Post by Mike Richte » Fri, 02 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> I am trying to upgrade my Easy CD Pro win 95 by using the software
> provided on the Adaptec WEB page, however when I run the Wizard it
> claims that I do not have a full version of Easy CD pro installed. I
> have tried to reinstall Easy CD Pro but the problem is the same. My
> version of Easy CD pro is 2.0. Can anybody help !!

There have been many versions of 2.0 in circulation which do not qualify
for upgrade including some of those provided OEM by drive manufacturers
and pirated betas. (You can tell by checking the build number.)

Those versions cannot be upgraded.

Mike

http://mrichter.simplenet.com
CD-R http://resource.simplenet.com

Easy CD Pro Win 95 -Upgrade problem

Post by Dave Goodw » Mon, 05 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>The fact that you think the extraction is at 6x is fascinating.
>Mine maxes out at a little under 4x for DAE. At that speed, there
>is detectable loss. At 2x and 1x, the errors are fewer and not
>generally noticeable. You will be given more control in ECDC 3.01
>than is in either 2.11 or ECDC 3.0, but the performance of the
>hardware cannot be overruled by software.

I recorded my first CD-R last night and appreciate the information
you and others provide in the newsgroup.  I am particularly thankful
you pointed out (in yet another message) how to set the speed of
DAE in Spin Doctor -- it is neither intuitive nor in the manual.

I just got my Ricoh Mediamaster (firmware 2.03) and EZ CD Creator
Deluxe (version 3.01) about two weeks ago.  Your previous message,
as well as the one above, suggests that I can set the DAE speed in
ECDC 3.01, but I can't find the control.  Your other message (which
I don't have in front of me right now) said to go to a certain screen
(under Tools?) and there would be a "slider" to set the DAE speed.  I
did get to the screen, but there was no slider, or any other way to set
the speed, as far as I could see.  So when I recorded with ECDC I didn't
control the speed (and in fact don't know what speed it used).  When I
recorded (Ricoh as source to hard disk) with Spin Doctor, I set the DAE
speed at 2x.  Both methods gave similar results -- about 75% success.
The 25% unsuccessful had multiple pops and crackles; in fact I
describe it as "static."  In those instance I erased the WAV file
from the HD and tried again with the other package; this always worked.
I wish one of the two methods had given consistently good results, then
I wouldn't have to listen so carefully to the result and switch
packages for the 25% "failures."  Oh yes: ECDC did two other things
while I recorded my six* tracks to the HD:  Just once, it put the
"clicks" at the beginning and end of a song that I've read about.  And
one other time it simply stopped in mid-track and "froze".  I had to
Ctrl-Alt-Del and EndTask to abort the ECDC program.  In each of these
two instance, I tried again with Spin Doctor and it worked fine.

Thanks again, Mike, for your previous advice.  If you have any ideas on
(1) why I can't find the DAE speed control in ECDC, or (2) why I
am getting somewhat erratic - though still passable - performance
from my two Adaptec s/w packages; I would be most appreciative.

Dave Goodwin

1. Easy CD 95 and Easy CD 95 Pro Hangs!!!

I'm running Windows95 on my computer and I have just bought a HP 4020i cd
writer. When I'm running Easy CD 95 or Easy CD Pro 95 the program hangs
(not responding). I can't find out what the problem is, can any one please
help me.

I have tried to install Windows 95 several times with no effect. When I'm
running Easy CD (windows 3.11) version there is no problem. What can I do
to resolve to probelm?

Tanks!
Jan Frode Bruvik

2. Iomega Zip drive (SCSI) on [white] hardware

3. upgrading easy cd pro 95 to 2.11c (for 3610 firmware 2.02)

4. mono spaced fonts that look good?

5. Upgrading to Easy-CD Pro 95

6. Recalling elements after modifying

7. Do old HP4020i user get upgrade to Easy-CD 95 Pro?

8. DUN question

9. Can't upgrade Easy-CD pro 95 v2.1(016) to ver 2.11b

10. FS: Easy Cd Pro for win 95/NT/3.1 and Corel CD Creator 1 & 2

11. easy cd pro 95 under Win NT with EIDE/ATAPI source?