Files burnt are empty (LTR-48246S,Nero 5.5.10.7b,win98se)

Files burnt are empty (LTR-48246S,Nero 5.5.10.7b,win98se)

Post by Trevor Hil » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 21:10:33

Drive: LTR - 48246S
Firmware: R48SS0B
Software: Nero 5.5.10.7b
OS: Windows 98se
System: AMD XP 1700+, 512Mb RAM, Gigabyte GA-7DX+ MB, 40Gb 7200rpm HDD

Files burnt to CD can be read and copied back to HDD. On trying to
execute those files (mp3, exe, zip) the associated application
reported that the files were corrupt. The files are the same size as
the originals but on examining the files with a hex editor it can be
seen that they contain no data (all zeros)! I had burnt several disks
in a row, all at 48x speed on to 48x speed media (BenQ CDR 80Min 700MB
48x). Not all the files on a particular CD are corrupted, that is some
files are fine others contain all zeros.

What could be causing this and what can I do to prevent it happening
again?

Trev

(btw, just installed Win2k Pro, was burning the disks as backups
before the upgrade, I've lost a lot of data 'cuase i didn't take the
time to go back through all the disks I burnt and check that ALL the
files were ok...)

1. Nero/Nero Express Demoversion and Update from previous versions - Current version: 5.5.10.7b

    * Filename*  *  Description*

nero55107b.exe <ftp://ftp.nero.com/nero55107b.exe> Standort Deutschland
nero55107b.exe <ftp://ftp2.nero.com/nero55107b.exe>
nero55107b.exe <ftp://ftp.us.nero.com/nero55107b.exe> Standort USA
nero55107b.exe <ftp://ftp.us2.nero.com/nero55107b.exe>
nero55107b.exe <ftp://ftp.jp.nero.com/nero55107b.exe> Standort Japan
nero55107b.exe <ftp://ftp.jp2.nero.com/nero55107b.exe>
Additional download-addresses <http://www.nero.com/en/download/mirror.php>

*Please note*
Nero Express is now included in the demoversion of Nero.

Patch for Nero 5.5.10.7
(NOT for 5.5.10.7b)
download HERE <ftp://ftp6.nero.com/msa_inst.exe> and install it (corrupt
file will be replaced).

*Free Nero/Nero Express Demoversion and Update from previous versions*

Filesize: 13.07 MB (13712184 bytes)
Current version: 5.5.10.7b
Release date: February 03st, 2003
Running until: February 28st, 2003

Nero - versions history page
<http://www.nero.com/en/content/c1002822806430.html>

* Important Installation Information *
This file can be used as a free Nero demo version, if you didn't have
Nero installed previously, or as an update from an older version of
Nero. In case of an update the software will detect whether you are
entitled to a free update or not.

* Important Additional Information *
Nero includes now a new version of Nero CDSpeed. You can download the
English help file for Nero CDSpeed 1.0 here:
CDSpeed.chm <ftp://ftp6.nero.com/manual/CDSpeed.chm>

Nero 5.5 Updates

 *Changes From Nero 5.5.10.0 to 5.5.10.7*

Bug Fixes :

Fixed the bug which produced incompatible Video-DVDs not playable on
some DVD-players
Fixed an Audio CD problem which occurred with few recorders
Fixed recorder speed display problem with some recorders
Disabled CD-Text language combo box when no CD-Text is available for
compilation type
Fixed a problem which could occur in some cases with the UDF/ISO9660
bridge file system
The correct language help files are called for all countries which use
the same language
Fixed problem when changing from Nero Express to Nero with enabled Nero
Wizard
Nero Express: Fixed a small problem on the string box disc name  in Nero
Express and Windows XP

New:

Added several new recorders
Nero Fast CD-Burning Plug-in for Windows Media Player^TM 9 included
Improved context sensitive help-header
Nero Express window resizing enabled

  Release date: January 31st, 2003

--
 Imagination is more important than knowledge.
 Albert Einstein

2. inventory problems

3. Nero: 5.5.10 -Can't reuse NRI files - drag and drop MP3 from one NRI to another gives empty CD

4. Synthesis with Leonardo Spectrum

5. Lite On LTR-48246S CDRW Skips

6. NERO 5572 - inability to write DAO without inserting a 'click'?

7. every time when i burn a BIN file the cd remains empty

8. Installing Apps. common to all users

9. Empty data files on CD when burned

10. WinOnCD deletes files, burns empty discs. WTF?!!

11. I am having trouble burning CDR with Nero