Problems with CD-Writer Philips CDD-2600

Problems with CD-Writer Philips CDD-2600

Post by Andreas Arno » Thu, 25 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I've got a big problem with my SCSI Philips CDD2600 CD-Writer (+ Adaptec
2940UW + CD-ROM Pioneer DR-506S). No matter which software I use, it's
always the same: The CD-Writer sometimes stop to burn real data, but
instead continues to write trash on the CD, even after it should have
finished. No buffer underrun occurs, yet the CD-Writer seems to get no
more data. I've tried several different programs (Gear Audio, Adaptec
Easy CD Creator, Gear multimedia).

Thanx,
Dieter

Problems with CD-Writer Philips CDD-2600

Post by Bobbal » Thu, 25 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I've got a big problem with my SCSI Philips CDD2600 CD-Writer (+ Adaptec

Philips seem to have some real problems with that model. Check out
www.shortbusters.com, and pray you don't have the same error that the
people there have... if so, it's the drive that's f*cked up.

/erik

OBS! Please note! Delete NO_SHITMAIL in my address!

         **Trap for email collectors, please ignore**

Problems with CD-Writer Philips CDD-2600

Post by t.. » Thu, 25 Jun 1998 04:00:00

This drive is a NIGHTMARE!!!  I went thuh 2 f them withing WEEKS..
Onn the first one, the door wouldn't open al the way, this was the
VERY first time I installed it too..  It went back within an hour of
my ownership..  next one worked although gave me about 60 Buffer
Underrruns (NOT an exageration!) , until about 3 weeks later when, I
opened the door, and it wouldnt open all the way...  The n as I took
the writer out for yet ANOTHER exchange, I noticed a black *
piece and several other small pieces fell out of the door....  That
was the last I will TIME EVER deal with Phillip's!  Besides, that
model isn't flashable to a newer firmware....

I advise you to trade that piece of junk in ASAP!!!!!

Get an HP 7110i like I did and you'll save yourself TONS of worries..
I'ver written almost 1000 discs so far on this thing and I've only
gotten 3 Buffer Underruns, and those were caused by me!

>Hello,

>I've got a big problem with my SCSI Philips CDD2600 CD-Writer (+ Adaptec
>2940UW + CD-ROM Pioneer DR-506S). No matter which software I use, it's
>always the same: The CD-Writer sometimes stop to burn real data, but
>instead continues to write trash on the CD, even after it should have
>finished. No buffer underrun occurs, yet the CD-Writer seems to get no
>more data. I've tried several different programs (Gear Audio, Adaptec
>Easy CD Creator, Gear multimedia).

>Thanx,
>Dieter

Problems with CD-Writer Philips CDD-2600

Post by Marti » Fri, 26 Jun 1998 04:00:00

writes

>>Get an HP 7110i like I did and you'll save yourself TONS of worries..
>>I'ver written almost 1000 discs so far on this thing and I've only
>>gotten 3 Buffer Underruns, and those were caused by me!

>Sorry but, isn't the HP unit a Philips OEM one instead ?
>AFAIK all the HP units are re-marked Philips CDD2xxx and CDD3xxx
>models.

I remember that as well. I can also say that my CDD2600 has done over
300 burns with no problems. My brother's HP4020i is also on over 300
burns with no problems. A friend did have a problem with his CDD2600
after four weeks. He exchanged it with the original dealer with no
delay, and has done over 100 burns since. All three have 'paid for
themselves', and I would not hesitate to buy another similar writer
again.

** Martin Watson ** Life is like a Rollercoaster. It has its ups and  **
**               ** downs, and people will take it seriously and get  **
** Hereford      ** frightened. But, hey, it's just a ride.           **

Problems with CD-Writer Philips CDD-2600

Post by t.. » Fri, 26 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Wish I would have had the same luck man...  :(
Anyone want any coaters???  :)