Unable to install external CD-RW drive; now DVD drive doesn't work either!

Unable to install external CD-RW drive; now DVD drive doesn't work either!

Post by Scott Nive » Wed, 07 Mar 2001 23:31:28

Hi. I tried to install an external CD-RW drive (hp cd-writer 8200 series) on
my Windows 2000 system. After the reboot, the new drive doesn't work, and
now my DVD drive (NEC DV-5700A) doesn't work either.

I went into the device manager and there was an exclamation point on both
drives. The error message for each drive was the same: "This device is not
working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this
device. (Code 31)"

I walked through the troubleshooter, uninstalled both drives, rebooted 25 or
30 times (or so it seemed), and I still can't get either drive to work.

Any ideas? I am stuck and I need to get at least one drive to work for
installing software.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Scott

1. Can't get my Mitsumi FXNo1DE open (release doesn't work either)

I've got a Mitsumi FXN01DE 2x CD-ROM (yeah, I know, why even mess with
it) that is stuck closed.  Pressing the release button just under the
door doesn't do anything even if I pull on the door as I open it.  I
can't get the case off.  I've unscrewed all screws I can find but find
that the bottom doesn't come off because there seems to be a small lip
on the bottom sheet of metal that folds around the board.  I can't get
the top off because it seems that you have to lift it straight up in
front which means that you have to get the panel on the front end off.
It seems that to ge the front panel off, you have to get the CD open.
See what I mean!  It seems the remaining step might be to remove the
panel on the front of the tray, but I don't see how.  If I could remove
the front of the tray, then I could get the front panel off then I could
lift the top of the case and maybe see inside this thing.  Can the front
door be removed?
  I sure would appreciate any help from anyone who knows.  TIA

2. SMS missing table from sysobjects

3. Autorun doesn't work on my DVD drive and my CD Re-writer

4. Attachments from MS Exchange

5. EPO 16X DVD ROM - Windows doesn't recognize that DVD is in drive

6. Current versions of Acrobat and AcroForm for OS/2

7. DVD/CD-RW combo drive -=vs=- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive

8. FS: A3000

9. DVD drive doesn't read/recognize data or audio CD's.

10. DVD-ROM drive won't read CD's/DVD's/CD-ROMS anymore!

11. Why doesn't DiscJuggler find my DVD Drive ??

12. Creative CD drive doesn't work

13. Please Help: Parallel port CD-Drive doesn't work under Wins-95