A for CD-R to be on own scsi controller?

A for CD-R to be on own scsi controller?

Post by Bruce A. Rothwel » Wed, 28 May 1997 04:00:00

I have an Adaptec 2940UW scsi controller built onto my motherboard.

Is there ANY reason to put my Sony 926S on its OWN controller?

    My views don't necessarily represent the views of my employer.

 By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer
 meets the definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)(1)(C)
 it is unlawful to send any unsolicited adverti*t to such
 equipment, punishable by action to recover actual monetary loss,
 or $500, whichever is -greater-, for -each- violation.

Post by Mike Richte » Wed, 28 May 1997 04:00:00

> I have an Adaptec 2940UW scsi controller built onto my motherboard.

> Is there ANY reason to put my Sony 926S on its OWN controller?

One more time!

Yes - to make sure everything works the way the manufacturer advertised.
Once you have it working and understand what's going on, you can
reasonably try it on your existing controller.

If you don't use the vendor's product as directed, he can reasonably
deny responsibility for your failures.

Mike

--

Opera: http://mrichter.simplenet.com
Opera Mirror: http://www.opera.it/FreeWeb/mrichter

A for CD-R to be on own scsi controller?

Post by (Newbie Burner » Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:00

On Tue, 27 May 1997 12:33:40 -0500, "Bruce A. Rothwell"

>I have an Adaptec 2940UW scsi controller built onto my motherboard.

>Is there ANY reason to put my Sony 926S on its OWN controller?

NO

1. CD-R on it's own controller or on existing one??

I had a message the other day, that I will need to put a CD-R on it's
own controller, to enable me to write CD's without errors.

I have an Adaptec AVA-2825 VLB SCSI/EIDE controller running my Fujitsu
1Gig & my Seagate 520Meg SCSI drives, as well as my Sony CDROM reader.

The data I'm going to write will be from the 1Gig, under Win 95, with
Win 95 and all it's software on the 540Meg.

Anyone want to comment, I can't see a reason for using a nasty ISA
controller for the CD-Recorder.

Thanks

Justin Hamilton

2. The OpenGL Challenge - Come join in the fun!

3. 1 SCSI HD,1 SCSI CD-R, and 1 beer, I mean SCSI Controller.

4. DOS Settings question

5. Should I put my CD recorder on its own controller?

6. Save all in FP2000?

7. adaptec isa 1515 scsi controller good for scsi cd-recorder?

8. 40 Column Printing

9. Adding a SCSI Hard Drive to HP4020i SCSI Controller

10. Can a SCSI device use a SCSI-2 controller ???

11. SCSI Controllers vs. SoundBlaster SCSI

12. SCSI 2 device on SCSI controller: Is it possible?

13. Advice needed!: Which SCSI controller do I need with my SCSI devices?!!