CREATR32 has caused an illegal operation / exception of CORTRK32.DLL Philips CDD 2600

Post by James Wiersu » Mon, 28 Apr 1997 04:00:00

> I am having a problem recording my first CD.  I just bought the Philips
> CDD 2600 drive and installed it into my exsisting SCSI-2 external
> interface with no problems at all.  Everything seems to work fine until
> it start to perform the recording... then it crashes with this error:

> I get an illegal operation window with my only options as close and
> details, which says:

> CREATR32 cause an exception 03H in module CORTRK32.DLL at 014f:011a5bb5.
> Then displays a bunch of registers...

> I'm using Adaptec CD Duplicator 2.1.082.
> I run the wizard and select Copy from CD to CD, then select my other
> CDROM drive as the reader (8x SCSI on same SCSI adaptor; I didn't need
> to install the supplied SCSI adaptor).

> Next I select my Philips CDD 2600 as the writer and pick direct disc to
> disc copy.

> Then I select Simulate recording only (although I have tried actually
> recording too with the same error).

> The "Copying disc to disc" window comes up with the table that shows how
> far the copy is going The it says "preparing to write track" and shows
> that little animation on the cd and I get my error:

> I get the classic illegal operation window with my only options as close
> and details, which says:

> CREATR32 cause an exception 03H in module CORTRK32.DLL at 014f:011a5bb5.
> Then displays a bunch of registers...

> I've been looking so forward to copying a CD and now it doesn't even
> work! Argh! Any help would be appreciated of course!

Shoot, I forgot to mention the next error that appears when I click on
CLOSE:

CD Duplicator encountered an OLE error
( code = 800706be )

[...]

1. CD causes exception in KERNEL32.DLL on one machine, works fine on another - a real stumper!

Hi,

I hope someone can help me figure this out.  I've created some data CDs
using EZCD Creator 5, and when I try to access the cd in the drive after
it's been written, I generally get the following message:

CDCHECK caused an exception 01H in module KERNEL32.DLL at 0177:bff712c5.
Registers:
EAX=0000036d CS=0177 EIP=bff712c5 EFLGS=00000246
EBX=000011c0 SS=017f ESP=0105f908 EBP=0105f918
ECX=00000001 DS=017f ESI=0105f934 FS=63ef
EDX=81d70001 ES=017f EDI=00c4ac18 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
c3 55 8b ec 8b 45 08 ff 70 04 ff 30 8b 1d dc 9c
Stack dump:
bff7651f 00000000 00c4ac18 00c4abe8 0105fa60 bff7fdca 0105f934 000011c0
00c4ac18 00000000 00c4abe8 565c3a5a 6f697369 32303032 7475415c 6e75726f

This dump happens to be from when I ran CDCHECK against the disc.  When I
try to run something from the disc, like SETUP.EXE, it kind of starts, then
disappears.  If I try to access the disc from the Start Menu | Run | Browse
option, I get the same thing.  The browse dialog disappears.  Same thing
happens if I open Explorer, go to the disc, and try to run something from
the disc.

The problem is, I don't get the same problem when I run the disc on my
laptop.  It runs it just fine without any problems.

Is there a problem with EZCD Creator 5.0 that would cause this?  I ran ASPI
Check, and it looks fine.  I switched off the following: read ahead
optimization, DMA.  I checked under my Control Panel for any compatibility
problems with the drive and didn't find any.  I'm using a MEMOREX CD-482E
to read the disc.

I have the following cd writing software on my system:
CDRWIN
NTI CDMAKER 3
CLONECD
DISCJUGGLER

Could someone please help me?!?  This is driving me nuts.

Thanks for any advice or info you might be able to provide.

2. MicroStation and INGRES

3. i need this file!: WINASPI.DLL WINASPI.DLL WINASPI.DLL WINASPI.DLL WINASPI.DLL WINASPI.DLL WINASPI.DLL WINASPI.DLL WINASPI.DLL WINASPI.DLL

4. Roland's PC-200 mk II manual?

5. WTB:philips cdd 2600 drives [bare]

6. Help on multiple calculations

7. ASUS SC200 + Philips CDD 2600 SCSI + Pioneer DR466 12X ?

8. Containment of inherited private members

9. Philips 2600 CDD DAO Error 'Write', Buffer is too big

10. Problem with Philips CDD 2600 and Easy CD PRO 95 !!!!

11. List of available software that works with Philips CDD 2600

12. Which CD-R: Philips CDD-2600, Sony CDU-926S, Yamaha CDR-200T ?

13. Info on PHILIPS CDD 2600