Test is ok every time but still get burn errors

Test is ok every time but still get burn errors

Post by Klow » Sun, 29 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Please see my other posts for details of my configuration.

Brief...
Ricoh MP6200S
Ultraplex
2940U
Barracuda
full scsi system (controller, HD, CDrom drive and burner)

Ive gotten to the point where If I just run a test it is successful
every single time.  This is even while being online and  running 4 or
5 other applications in the background as well. (Agent, AOL, Netscape,
and others misc. stuff) Even printing from time to time!

But sure as the sun will rise I still get buffer underrun errors when
I burn audio.

I am really starting to think it's time to send the drive back.

Will upgrading to the version 2.02 firmware void my warranty?

It's the only thing I havent done.

Thanks to all who respond

Don

Test is ok every time but still get burn errors

Post by Erik Werner Hansen, Denma » Sun, 29 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi.

Quote:>Ive gotten to the point where If I just run a test it is successful
>every single time.  This is even while being online and  running 4 or
>5 other applications in the background as well. (Agent, AOL, Netscape,
>and others misc. stuff) Even printing from time to time!

>But sure as the sun will rise I still get buffer underrun errors when
>I burn audio.

>I am really starting to think it's time to send the drive back.

>Will upgrading to the version 2.02 firmware void my warranty?

Haven't we written to each other before?

Well anyway, I had serious problems with buffer overrun when reading
audio. This new Ricoh MP6200S/DP had firmware 2.03 when I got it,
and after reading a lot, I found a new firmware 2.20.
I flashed it, and my problems were gone. It now works very well.

Erik.

1. HP7100i + EZCD Creator .... error every time

I'm using my HP7100i, firmware upgraded to 3.01, with EZCD Creator deluxe, with
upgrade patch to version 35b.

Everytime I try to backup a CD lately ( a CD that I've duplicated many times in
the past), using Copier Deluxe, It goes through the writing process to the very
end and on ejecting the CD-R I get the message 'errors reported by output
device'.
When I view the details of the error ,,, I'm given the following :

D0100: I/O error (05/2C/04) - Read error - cannot read from blank area on the
disc

I'm currently using Samsung CD-R's (CDR/74S) gold upper side, blue underside.

Can anyone help ? ... I wiped the hard drive yesterday n a bidfor a  fresh
start ... W98 back on, and CD software back on ... and still the problem, so
its not other CD copying software conflicting with EZCD.

Cheers

2. MS Mail SMTP Server

3. every time when i burn a BIN file the cd remains empty

4. samba & locking

5. I am getting cache error

6. X-10 Sale at Radio Shack

7. I am getting crc errors on my CDR.

8. Import crashes every time... what to do?

9. Ricoh 1420 Write Error every 3rd Burn

10. Sudden problem burning with Sony 920S: fails while writing TOC, but tests ok

11. Every thing OK, but no sound

12. CDR Recorders ,, some hints For Successful CDR's every time.

13. 5.5.10.15 on XP locks every time at exactly 5%