6020 Not Detected as Writer

Post by le » Mon, 14 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Help! I have a 6020es drive and an Adaptec 2940UW Controller. The drive is
detected as a Reader only under Win 95... In Device Manager, under
Manufacturer for the 6020, it says "Standard CD-ROM Device"... I've borrowed
the drive from a friend, and didn't receive any drivers for the drive itself.
Could this be the problem? I can read both audio and data cds from the drive
with no problems, but when I use Corel CD Creator to write, it doesn't detect
a Writable device attached to my computer.

Any help will be *much* appreciated. Thanks in advance,

please reply via email; i don't check the group often enough.

lew