Is the A2920 good enough for Y4416s?

Is the A2920 good enough for Y4416s?

Post by V » Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:00:00



It's all in the title.

Thanks!

Please post to newsgroup.

    -V-

 
 
 

Is the A2920 good enough for Y4416s?

Post by Paris Pasvanti » Thu, 28 Jan 1999 04:00:00


This card not only cost me a lot of money 2 years ago, but it also now
lies useless in its box! (in case somebody is interested...)
If you want to connect 4416, it will do the job (don't expect
spectacular performance...), if you follow the directions found on my
site. But, it has so many compatibility and performance problems when
you try to connect more than 2-3 devices, and you can buy an Initio
9090U bus mastering controller for less.
The local prices are (inc VAT):
100$ for Initio9090U
140$ for A2920
220$ for A2940U
So, even if performance ain't an issue, Initio will cost you less.

So, the


> It's all in the title.

> Thanks!

> Please post to newsgroup.

>     -V-

--
_____________________________________

Pasvantis Publications on the Web :
http://pasvantis.cjb.net/
(only hardware section at the moment)

 
 
 

Is the A2920 good enough for Y4416s?

Post by o.. » Thu, 28 Jan 1999 04:00:00




Quote:>It's all in the title.

>Thanks!

>Please post to newsgroup.

>    -V-

Yes but if all you want to do is connect the 4416S and some other
peripherals, the 2910C or even a 2902E (external connections only) or
2902I (internal connections) will do the job.
 
 
 

Is the A2920 good enough for Y4416s?

Post by o.. » Fri, 29 Jan 1999 04:00:00





>>It's all in the title.

>>Thanks!

>>Please post to newsgroup.

>>    -V-

>Yes but if all you want to do is connect the 4416S and some other
>peripherals, the 2910C or even a 2902E (external connections only) or
>2902I (internal connections) will do the job.

Correction. The 2902s are aparently gone, being replaced by the 2906
at about the same price (under $50).
 
 
 

Is the A2920 good enough for Y4416s?

Post by Paris Pasvanti » Sat, 30 Jan 1999 04:00:00


Small correction : There seem to be 2 2920 models, the 2920C model is
supposed to be better in terms of compatibility, but still the Initio
9090U is faster/better/cheaper.


> This card not only cost me a lot of money 2 years ago, but it also now
> lies useless in its box! (in case somebody is interested...)
> If you want to connect 4416, it will do the job (don't expect
> spectacular performance...), if you follow the directions found on my
> site. But, it has so many compatibility and performance problems when
> you try to connect more than 2-3 devices, and you can buy an Initio
> 9090U bus mastering controller for less.
> The local prices are (inc VAT):
> 100$ for Initio9090U
> 140$ for A2920
> 220$ for A2940U
> So, even if performance ain't an issue, Initio will cost you less.

> --
> _____________________________________

> Pasvantis Publications on the Web :
> http://pasvantis.cjb.net/
> (only hardware section at the moment)

--
_____________________________________

Pasvantis Publications on the Web :
http://pasvantis.cjb.net/
(only hardware section at the moment)

 
 
 

1. IDE CD RW Drive Good Enough for audio?

I have been using a SCSI Ricoh CD WRITER for a few years now.  I make a lot of audio cdrs.  Are the
laest IDE CD RW units fast enough to write a lot of audio discs?  A few years back when I bought the
scsi, the ide writers werent fast enough.  I will probably stick with scsi though. What is a good
unit that is under $300?

Tony

2. CD-R Delete files?

3. Is my computer good enough for Plextor 8X20?

4. Summary: adaptive denoising filters for voice

5. I had enough, i want a good cd-rom player.....

6. The best game ever

7. Doesn't Adaptec-1540 good enough for x4 writing?

8. Can't Build & Browse a Webform

9. Soundblaster Waveeffects good enough for recording?

10. Is 12X IDE CD-ROM good enough for CDR at 1x,2x,or 4x?

11. Is a ata-2 drive good enough?

12. is the adaptec 2906-good enough to run a CD-RW

13. Adaptec 1520b good enough for CDR?