Which CD-R: Philips CDD-2600, Sony CDU-926S, Yamaha CDR-200T?

Which CD-R: Philips CDD-2600, Sony CDU-926S, Yamaha CDR-200T?

Post by Nicolas Guillema » Sun, 27 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi there!

I'm about to buy a cheap CD-R drive for my home computer, and I've
narrowed my choice to three models: Philips CDD-2600, Sony CDU-926S and
Yamaha CDR-200T. Based on previous experience, which of these would you
guys recommend as the most reliable? Any other brands I should consider
(HP, JVC, Ricoh...)?

The unit will mostly be used to write audio CDs. It's my understanding
that the Sony CDU-926S has no disk-at-once support, whereas the Philips
and Yamaha do. Is that a problem?

Also, beeing out of free ISA slots, I'm planning to use a low-end Asus
NCR SC-200 PCI controller for the CD-R and one SCSI-2 hard disk. Any
compatibility problems I should know about?

E-See you,
Nicolas

1. Which CD-R: Philips CDD-2600, Sony CDU-926S, Yamaha CDR-200T ?

Hi there!

I'm about to buy a cheap CD-R drive for my home computer, and I've
narrowed my choice to three models: Philips CDD-2600, Sony CDU-926S and
Yamaha CDR-200T. Based on previous experience, which of these would you
guys recommend as the most reliable? Any other brands I should consider
(HP, JVC, Ricoh...)?

The unit will mostly be used to write audio CDs. It's my understanding
that the Sony CDU-926S has no disk-at-once support, whereas the Philips
and Yamaha do. Is that a problem?

Also, beeing out of free ISA slots, I'm planning to use a low-end Asus
NCR SC-200 or a Tekram DC-390 PCI controller for the CD-R and a 2 Gb
SCSI-2 hard disk. Any compatibility problems I should know about?

E-See you,
Nicolas

2. OBJ ?? ASM ??

3. Query about Philips CDD-2600 CD-R

4. Mac IIx bombs under Guided Tour

5. Problems with CD-Writer Philips CDD-2600

6. Slow Machine.....

7. Philips CDD-2600 + Corel Cd creator 2?

8. Sony CDU-926S -or- Sony Spressa 940S

9. Philips cdd-2600 not supported yet

10. Philips CDD-2600 Question..

11. Once again about the Philips CDD-2600

12. Philips cdd-2600 and win NT 4.0?