Pioneer DR-UA124X

Post by Magnus Holsta » Sun, 20 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Is there no other way to get the DR-UA124X to work with Win95 than to
use the Atapi mini-port driver (like tweaking the in/out of the
installed disk-controller driver)? The Atapi Miniport-driver works, but
it has one anoying bug; when i boot up windows95, it accesses the CD-ROM
and I'll have to wait about 6 seconds!!!! ;)   This is both annoying and
unneccesary, and earlier my system booted up without this problem (prior
to the DR-UA124X)  I use a Tyan Tomcat II MB, P200 and a Matrox Mill.
4MB. Hope someone knows a cure for this...

Thanks in advance
        Magnus Holstad

Pioneer DR-UA124X

Post by Stewart Addis » Tue, 29 Oct 1996 04:00:00

>Is there no other way to get the DR-UA124X to work with Win95 than to
>use the Atapi mini-port driver (like tweaking the in/out of the

You could try the Registry hack to get it working. It doesn't require any
drivers (like the Miniport) to be installed. The details are linked
somewhere on my DR-UA124X web page at
http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~psyche/pc/cdrom/drua124x.html

Stewart...