Nero Text Writing

Post by Kenn » Thu, 05 Jul 2001 08:27:42

I just switched from EZCD 5.0 to Nero, with no regrets.  I've yet to burn a
"coaster".  My only problem is a minor one.   I compile CD's from downloaded
files on the net.  I type in the CD title, Track Titles, Artist, etc.  On
only ONE occasion has the written information "taken" and actually appeared.

I (obviously) check the "write cd text" box.  Anyone have any idea what
might be wrong?

Kenny

Nero Text Writing

Post by Eugene Hor » Fri, 06 Jul 2001 07:13:12

I would suggest checking the Nero web site.  Some burners need a firmware
upgrade to write CD text -- I know mine does -- An Acer CRW1208A.

Quote:> I just switched from EZCD 5.0 to Nero, with no regrets.  I've yet to burn
> "coaster".  My only problem is a minor one.   I compile CD's from
downloaded
> files on the net.  I type in the CD title, Track Titles, Artist, etc.  On
> only ONE occasion has the written information "taken" and actually
appeared.

> I (obviously) check the "write cd text" box.  Anyone have any idea what
> might be wrong?

> Kenny

Nero Text Writing

Post by Kenn » Fri, 06 Jul 2001 15:57:40

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have a TDK 4/8/32 and my firmware (1.07) is
the latest and greatest.

Thanks for responding.

Kenny

> I would suggest checking the Nero web site.  Some burners need a firmware
> upgrade to write CD text -- I know mine does -- An Acer CRW1208A.

> > I just switched from EZCD 5.0 to Nero, with no regrets.  I've yet to
burn
> > "coaster".  My only problem is a minor one.   I compile CD's from
> downloaded
> > files on the net.  I type in the CD title, Track Titles, Artist, etc.
On
> > only ONE occasion has the written information "taken" and actually
> appeared.

> > I (obviously) check the "write cd text" box.  Anyone have any idea what
> > might be wrong?

> > Kenny

1. 2nd Req: Text Writing with Nero 5.5.2.4

Hi,

I'm wrestling with a longstanding problem.  I switched from Adaptec/Roxio to
Nero 5.5.2.4.  I'm running Windows 2000 and i have a TDK Velo-CD.

When I used adaptec, I had no problems writing text to my CDs, and it worked
great in the two CD decks I have in my house.  Now, no matter what I do,
NERO won't seem to write the text.

In the CD Drive detect program, Nero reports that the drive DOES support
text writing (which I obviously know from my experience with adaptec).
Still, no text.

I use DAO to record concerts I download and convert to wav.  I'm deleting
the 2 seconds after each track, manually (seems to be the only way that
works, there's no way to change the default value that I can see).  I've
tried playing with just about every single setting.

Anyone have any ideas?

Kenny

2. what causes "...not authorized to login from this station"?

3. Nero wont write CD Text?

4. How to Recover Macintosh Disks

5. Imation 8x20 CDR and CD-TEXT (can read, but not write)

6. How come collisons can be undetected on 10Baset-T?

7. Writing CD Text with Plextor & Ricoh

8. Money 99: First Look

9. Drives that support CD-Text writing?

10. Writing CD-Text with Feurio

11. Forcing ECDC 4.01 To Write CD-TEXT?

12. Plextor's 8/20 WRITING CD-Text... no?

13. Why won't my writer write text to audio cds?