Strange Problems with Multimedia CDs

Post by Loyd Clayt » Sat, 11 Jan 1997 04:00:00

My American Heritage Talking Dictionary and 1997 Grolier
Multimedia Encyclopedia come up fine if I boot with them in
the carrier.  Otherwise, I get the message "System Error -
Cannot Read from Drive D".  When I click on RETRY it works.
I cannot switch from the Dictionary to the encyclopedia
without re-booting.   I don't have the problem with my
other CD programs.  Apparently only the multimedia disks do
this.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Loyd Clayton

1. Strange problem with multimedia CDS

My American Heritage Talking Dictionary and 1997 Grolier
Multimedia Encyclopedia come up fine if I boot with them in
the carrier.  Otherwise, I get the message "System Error -
Cannot Read from Drive D".  When I click on RETRY it works.
I cannot switch from the Dictionary to the encyclopedia
without re-booting.   I don't have the problem with my
other CD programs.  Apparently only the multimedia disks do
this.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Loyd Clayton

2. Problem pinging on 2PC lan

3. CDRWIN 3.6a strange, strange error (Bus reset detected.) !

4. No message visable

5. Strange problem with cd-rom and cd-rom RW on same IDE channel - please help

6. CLASS Approved in TN & FL

7. Strange problem using NTI 2000/EZ CD Creator 5

8. IBM Redbooks Lotus Collection - free offer

9. Strange Audio CD Copy Problem

10. Strange CD-R Duplication problem

11. CD-ROM strange problem in win95

12. Strange problem cutting CDs

13. Strange problem using NTI 2000/EZ CD Creator 5