CD Drives being tempremental!

Post by Cookie McCrumbl » Mon, 14 Jul 2003 01:50:01

Have a CDRW and a DVD-Rom on the computer.

Everything was pretty good until a couple of weeks ago when the cd drives
started playing up.

When i boot the computer, explorer constantly shows that i have the cd in
the drive that was in at bootup, or if there was no cd in, it always says
there is no cd in the drive. I can install programs that just use 1 cd (by
manually going to the setup files), but games with 2/3 cds cannot install,
because it does not recognise the names of the consequent cds.

The autoplay feature is also now not working, although it is enabled in the
drive settings.

I'm running windows XP, 512 DDR Ram, 80GB HD, etc. The cd drives are

Samsung CD-R/RW SW-204B
Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1612

Everything was ok until a couple of weeks ago, possibly when i had trouble
with nero and had to reinstall it. I also installed * 120%.

Thanks to any help you may offer!

--
-----------------------

Cookie McCrumble / Gin McShandy

**WARNING**
The stupidity of an action is directly proportional
to the probability of someone watching you.

Man with hole in pocket feels*y all day.

At the time of writing this very interesting text I was listening to: Winamp
stopped

Composed by Mailer Signature (http://www.veryComputer.com/)

---

1. Mitsumi X4 cd-rom drive--am I screwed?

I just purchased the mitsumi x4 cd-rom drive.  It seems to work
great with some disks (i.e. US Navy Fighter, Tornado CD, Space
Adventure) but on others it continually gets read errors
and will not run the cds at all (i.e., a older multi-media
encylopdia cd and a new pc-gamer cd).  I've read that some
others here are having the same problem.  Is there any
solution to this or am I completely screwed?
I don't think that a cd-rom that only words with some
cds is a good cd-rom drive.  Please help.

2. QUESTION: Would you support a NEW newsgroup for QuarkXPress?

3. Am I out of IRQs for a Plextor drive?

4. If you build it, they will come

5. Wearnes CDR-622 IDE drive - am I alone?

6. HP LJ1200 help need

7. Am thinkin of getting Toshiba DVD Rom drive with ac3 surround

8. Install Wizard ???

9. I am looking for a program to make a CD an autorun cd.

10. Easy CD Creator 3.5c VS Easy CD Creator 4.xx _ What Am I Missing

11. Looking for CD-R, I am poor though!

12. I am looking for the distributors of disks CD-ROM, via Internet.

13. Nero and Easy CD Creator What am I doing wrong?