Adaptec "CD Copier Deluxe" Crashed my System

Adaptec "CD Copier Deluxe" Crashed my System

Post by Bruce » Mon, 26 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I have a Plextor 820 drive on an Adaptec 2940U
SCSI adaptor.

I was attempting to use Copy CD Deluxe (part of EasyCD
Creator) to make a backup copy of a data CD.  I walked
away and when I returned, Window95 had crashed.  I had to
power down/up.  Upon boot up Norton Disk Doctor
reported many directory errors, many which were
not in use by any programs running at the time.
I had "Invalid entries", "Cross-linked files",
and "Invalid clusters".

I have not checked at this point whether I have
lost any files.  Hopefully I haven't.

I have DirectCD 2.5a and EasyCD 3.5a installed
that came with my Plextor drive.  My questions are:

* Is there a conflict with using EasyCD's Copy CD
while DirectCD is installed?

* I know there is a 3.5c version available.  Are
there any known problems with 3.5a that may be
related to the problem I had?

Thanks.

-bruceh-

Adaptec "CD Copier Deluxe" Crashed my System

Post by $ » Mon, 26 Apr 1999 04:00:00

For Disc Copying, I'd recommend just getting CDRWin from
http://www.goldenhawk.com.  It is a LOT better for just copying discs!!!!  The
downloadable version even burns at 1x and it should work on your drive.

--
Brian S. Graham Entertainment
Spam-Haters reply to: dj at knoxvillewedding dot com

--

Post by Mike Richte » Tue, 27 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> * Is there a conflict with using EasyCD's Copy CD
> while DirectCD is installed?

No.

Quote:

> * I know there is a 3.5c version available.  Are
> there any known problems with 3.5a that may be
> related to the problem I had?

The latest release is 3.5b. I know of no way that it would be help to
solve the problem.

One possibility (quite likely if, as seems probable, you're running
Win98) is that you were copying via the hard drive and the partition
filled. When you run out of space on your drive and keep supplying data
(especially to an open file), almost anything can happen.

There are many other possibilities, of course, but that's a likely one.

You didn't ask for private replies and your address seems unlikely, so
here it is in the ng.

Mike

http://mrichter.simplenet.com
CD-R http://resource.simplenet.com

Adaptec "CD Copier Deluxe" Crashed my System

Post by Bruce » Tue, 27 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Thanks for the input.  My system seems to be running OK.
I reran Copy CD again and it seemed to copy OK.  The
one thing I did differently was to stop my Norton
System Doctor application before starting CopyCD.

Well, maybe the crash was one of those "Microsoft" things... :-)

-bruceh-

> > * Is there a conflict with using EasyCD's Copy CD
> > while DirectCD is installed?

> No.

> > * I know there is a 3.5c version available.  Are
> > there any known problems with 3.5a that may be
> > related to the problem I had?

> The latest release is 3.5b. I know of no way that it would be help to
> solve the problem.

> One possibility (quite likely if, as seems probable, you're running
> Win98) is that you were copying via the hard drive and the partition
> filled. When you run out of space on your drive and keep supplying data
> (especially to an open file), almost anything can happen.

> There are many other possibilities, of course, but that's a likely one.

1. Adaptec "CD COPIER" Freezing my system Please Help

Okay, currently right now I have the Yamaha as a Master on the Secondary
IDE. Then the CDROM is the slave of the hard drive. The Yamaha works great
when burning files to the drive. But once I bring up the CD Copy program, is
when it all goes to hell. If I don't have any cd's in, it recognizes both
drives great. Then once I add a cd in the source drive (which is the
Mitsumi) it spins up ,  and then the system locks up. I've tried skipping
this step and putting the Blank cd in the Yamaha first and it works great.
It recognizes the bland cd. Then it's just when I got to load anything into
the Mitsumi, is when it locks my system up. Can anyone help me on this???
  Thanks,

2. CLEAR SCREEN?

3. Adaptec CD Copier, system "lockup" after copy

4. MAIL SURVEY CAMPAIGN GOES INTERNATIONAL

5. Help:"Failed to create empty document" error with Adaptec CD Copier

6. Macraigor Raven and Triscend A7

7. EZ CD Creator Deluxe 3.01 SYSTEM TEST "error"?

8. "NewMedia" and "PC Computing" magazines rate Yamaha CD Recorder "#1"

9. FS:"Image & Presentation is Everything" - "Clear" CD-Labels & CD-Mailers

10. This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification.

11. FS:"Image & Presentation is Everything" - "Clear" CD-Labels & CD-Mailers