CDD 2000 Heat problem

Post by Thomas Schuhman » Thu, 28 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I have an CDD 2000 since 3 months

...now i have the problem, when i use the writer a very long
time (more than 2 hours)sometimes the computer locks up
without any error message.

... i think its a temperature problem because i did not have
this when the drive is used for a short time.

... does anybody have the same problem ???

... can i solve this by installing a cooler fan in the back
of the drive

thanks for any help

Thomas Schuhmann

CDD 2000 Heat problem

Post by Jef Colli » Sat, 30 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> I have an CDD 2000 since 3 months

> ...now i have the problem, when i use the writer a very long
> time (more than 2 hours)sometimes the computer locks up
> without any error message.

> ... i think its a temperature problem because i did not have
> this when the drive is used for a short time.

> ... does anybody have the same problem ???

> ... can i solve this by installing a cooler fan in the back
> of the drive

> thanks for any help

> Thomas Schuhmann

There should be an option in W95 that resets the CDD2000 in case the
drive is not responding after a while.
For example during fixation.
So if thats your problem, check out the options.
Sorry, don't use W95 myself so i cant point where to set it.

Jef

CDD 2000 Heat problem

Post by Alber » Sun, 01 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hello Thomas,

I've placed a cooler fan (power supply 12V brushless model) behind the
CDD2000 sometimes ago, it doesn't warm up anymore (as it used to),but
I've always some problems in writing >600 MB CD, as you can read in
theese news....

Alberto

CDD 2000 Heat problem

Post by Ro » Wed, 11 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I too have seen the same problem you are seeing Alberto, espc on discs
over 600 megs. Wierd, I have a 2920 48megs of Ram P90. I hope HP
and/or Philips come clean on these problems.

Rob..

Quote:>Hello Thomas,