Audio CDs

Post by Mik » Sun, 24 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I have a quad speed CD connected direct to my IO card (IDE)

Is this the reason it cannot recognise Audio CDs in Win95 or has Win95
just thrown another wobbly?

regards from mike,
http://www.innotts.co.uk/~mikeb
http://arnold.innotts.co.uk:8000/

Audio CDs

Post by Jeff Bevi » Fri, 29 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>I have a quad speed CD connected direct to my IO card (IDE)

>Is this the reason it cannot recognise Audio CDs in Win95 or has Win95
>just thrown another wobbly?

Sounds like you're experiencing the same kind of problems as I am.  My
mitsumi 2X drive won't play Audio CDs under Win95;  it has trouble
recognizing the discs, and then when it does, "play" causes the disc
to jump from track to track from start to end and then stop.  It plays
no audio, just skips tracks.

So far, nobody has offered a clue... and I am just about out of my wits.

If you learn anything interesting, please let me know;  I'd greatly
appreciate it.

-Jeff