Is my RICOH MP 6200s OLD???

Post by Shawn Tooryan » Fri, 26 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I paid $500 two years ago, but it still does a great job. What new
features the next generation burners offer that mine doesn't?

Thanks!

Is my RICOH MP 6200s OLD???

Post by Daytrippe » Fri, 26 Nov 1999 04:00:00

>I paid $500 two years ago, but it still does a great job. What new
>features the next generation burners offer that mine doesn't?

For most of the "next generation burners", all they offer over your 6200S is
speed (your drive is a 2X max device, new drives can be had with 4X, 6X and
8X ratings). Some newer drives can write CD-Text as well.

If you're comfortable burning at 2X max, and the drive is still reliable,
there's no rush to replace it...

/daytripper (my 6200S, otoh, went to Heaven this spring...)

Is my RICOH MP 6200s OLD???

Post by Anssi Saar » Sat, 27 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> I paid $500 two years ago, but it still does a great job. What new
> features the next generation burners offer that mine doesn't?

Usually, more speed. In addition, support for overburning and CD-Text.