Topologix

Post by EN.. » Fri, 12 Jan 1990 02:43:00

Does anyone know what the current state of Topologix is?
I've seen ads for them in Supercomputer Review, but it seems that
their phones have been disconnected.

It seems that TopExpress is no longer with us.  They had been previously
purchased by Vickers and were operating as a research group until
they were told that they must become a profit center in three months.

Steven W. Engle
MIMD Systems, Inc.

Topologix

Post by Keith S. Picke » Thu, 18 Jan 1990 02:20:22

Quote:

>Does anyone know what the current state of Topologix is?
>I've seen ads for them in Supercomputer Review, but it seems that
>their phones have been disconnected.

I received a letter from Topologix today with a new address and
phone number:

        Topologix, Inc.
        1811 Lefthand Circle
        Suite B
        Longmont, CO 80501

        Tel. (303) 678-8799
        FAX  (303) 772-1395

        -keith

1. Topologix

Has anyone out there had any experience with the transputer-based system built
by a company called Topologix?  There are four transputers to a board, and the
boards can supposedly be plugged in directly to a Sun, limited primarily by
the number of slots available.  There is an operating system called LogixOS
which runs natively on the transputers and on top of SunOS on the host.  In
fact, it is claimed that LogixOS can be used to run parallel applications across
a network of Sun workstations, without even using the transputers.

Is this a good product?  I would be interested in experiences, both pro and
con, as well any performance data which may be available.  If you prefer not

Thanks,

Tom Crockett
Institute for Computer Applications in Science and Engineering
M.S. 132C, NASA Langley Research Center, Hampton, VA  23665

(804) 865-4097

2. How many of you would have brough the xbox if

3. SMS an jedes Handy senden!

4. Topologix Equipment

5. Image Remapping

6. Topologix