peek and poke operations on a pre-booted transputer

peek and poke operations on a pre-booted transputer

Post by Chris Sto » Sun, 14 Jan 1990 00:49:37

Can anyone tell me the order of the bytes when peeking and poking a
pre-booted transputer? The transputer reference manual merely
says (for a T212)...

   "...the first two byte word is taken as the address...etc"

...but what order are those bytes in? Low byte first or last?
Similarly for the T4?

While I'm here, what can anyone tell me about the Atrai ABAQ ?

Thanks in advance.....

peek and poke operations on a pre-booted transputer

Post by Lyle Bingh » Sun, 14 Jan 1990 10:16:28

low order byte first

best regards
Lyle Bingham
Computer System Architects

1. ANNOUNCE : pre-pre-pre-alpha of my first Spectrum game!

Hi,

        though it is of no practical interest to absolutely anyone here, and
demonstrates nearly nothing except an ability to understand written
documents, I've uploaded a pre-pre-pre-alpha of my first Spectrum game!

        All it does at the minute is show a lone, tiny (8x8), solitary sprite
who you can control in a Joust fashion using space, z and x. He bounces
off (near) the top of the screen, correctly appears half on one side and
half on another, rubs himself out, syncs with the 50.08Hz signal to
prevent flicker, and 'lands' on the floor. When I say lands, he just
isn't allowed to drop any further than 8 pixels from the bottom of the
screen. He won't actually behave correctly and allow you to make him
'skid' to a standstill / change direction quickly. Bit basic, but then
it is my first real z80 or ZX Spectrum program, and I've only spent a
couple of hours on it. Can probably handle quite a few more sprites, as
I say, it just clears the old sprite, redraws the new one then enters an
infinite nothing loop until the next interrupt occurs.

        The file is a .zip'd .sna, which I have developed using a dos basec
cross-assembler and a quick 'binary file -> sna converter' written by
me. And it is just 1049 bytes to download at
http://www.binternet.com/~t.harte/specgame1.zip ! I've tested it with
X128, winz80 and my own emulator and it works perfectly on all of them.
Might have some difficulties on an upgraded real spectrum though because
I've been sort of lazy about interrupt mode 2 handling - anything other
than an FF on the data bus at interrupt time, and it will go badly
wrong.

        As for technical details, it uses a table format to hold a list of
currently active sprites - each table entry holding a pointer to the
input/control routine, a pointer to the current sprite for that object,
and then an x and y, a vector x and y, and the suggesed vector x and y
change that is returned by the input/control routine. So should be easy
to 'expand' upon.

        If you do bother downloading, tell me what you think! Sorry about the
'sprite', I am less than an artist. It is a grab from another game
converted hastily into 2 colour format. Sorry to waste newsgroup time,
I'm just particularly proud because I've always secretly thought of ASM
coding as the impossible to master work of the devil!

        Thanks for listening.

                -Thomas

2. Printing checks

3. Understanding Peeks and Pokes

4. Post Doctoral Research Position in Simulation

5. M100 PEEK and POKE syntax (was: Model 100 Programming)

6. Opening MIX File - Please Advice

7. PEEK/POKE addresses

8. About e-mail

9. Help by Peek & Poke via Link

10. PEEK/POKE in OCCAM

11. Peek and poke in occam - a cheksum calculation program example

12. Peek and Poke on a T414 at 5MBPS

13. Boots, boots, boots, boots...