Pipelining and Flynn's taxonomy

Post by A.M.Sarraf » Tue, 02 Jan 1990 19:29:00

Dear Net,

A while back, there was an interesting discussion in this group
on the classification of pipelining under Flynn's taxonomy.
The last thing I remember was a message from Eugene Miya of NASA
saying that he had asked Mike Flynn for comment. Did anything ever
come of that?

I am writing up my PhD thesis and would greatly appreciate any
info. on this.

A. M. Sarrafan

...!mcvax!ukc!ams

1. Flynn's Taxonomy

    I am writing a project on supercomputers and I have found conflicting
information in text books regarding the positioning of vector pipelined machines
such as the Cray-1 in the Flynn taxonomy.Some text books claim that they are
SISD whereas others say they are SIMD. Has anybody got any opinions on where if
anywhere they fit.

                                  Thanks in advance

2. PostScript file 100x larger than PCL file

3. About pipeline architecture

4. OS/2 compared to other operating systems

5. Pipeline Algorithms

6. VSS setuo - how to?

7. Advantages of the vector reciprocal or division pipeline?

8. People

9. More Taxonomies and Toolkits of Algorithms (my PhD dissert.)

10. New sublinear string pattern matching algorithm taxonomy

11. Report announcement: Taxonomies of finite automata algorithms

12. A taxonomy of pattern matching algorithms, with correctness

13. forwarded humorous taxonomies